emu

Emu's Corrado - THE END

Good one to buy, seems all the right bits have been done to it. So whats happening to the green one?

It's going to garage, some parts will be sold but some will stay. I'm leaving it as a test car. What I mean is.. if I like to fit OBD2, I will do this to the green one firs, test everything and then just can plug it to the blackberry in few hours. I'm planing to take off all the suspension for refurbishment, when all will be done I can fit whole subframe in blackberry one in few hours as well. Many bit will come up for sale soon when I decide what I need and what I don't. Good thing is that I don't have to do anything to engine in blackberry one and body work has no rust, so perfect car to keep. The green one after some long time will be broken on parts or will stay as a track car.

Nice to see my old car's got a future. Good luck with it!

shame my old car may not!!! Al least parts of it will keep going :)

:) glad you had a good drive home- now get that beige leather in!

It will look fab :)

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Nice to see my old car's got a future. Good luck with it!

:)

Did a last drive today. Can't keep both Corrado's and one has to go. Selling it as a whole care don't make me more than few hundreds quid so car is going to be broken on parts.

Last drive wasn't a pleasure as car already has no interior and everything rattles inside, did only 3 miles to my garage. It was a good bye ride.

Shame to do this after all effort I've put in but have no choice.

Had some misfire problems, car sounds exactly like subaru :) Ended up changing everything. All parts was fitted to my green one about 300 miles ago so put everything in blackberry one. NGK Platinum plugs, Beru leads + Beru coilpack. Now car drives and sounds perfect :)

This picture shows why buying cheap parts wasn't worth. Leads cracked from coilpack side when removing, some parts still left in coilpack, even manage to crack glow plug, wired as they were bosh but everything is possible.

plugsbroken.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Been playing with the wheel in a maintime. RH ZW1 are 17 and Porshe Eta Beta Turbo are 18. Would love to put porshe ones but without seriour arch work it won't be possible. Picture will explain everything.

alloysfit01.jpg

alloysfit02.jpg

alloysfit03.jpg

Green car looks like that nowdays, all what left in it is part of the engine and whole suspension

breaking01.jpg

breaking02.jpg

New pictures of blackberry with beige interior pretty soon, I hope :)

two superb sets of wheels - porsche turbos and ZW1s. More pics needed!

Not this year :( I'm fitting winter tyres on speedlines in october/november and zw1 with new tyres will be on a car next summer, porsche turbos can't be fitted without serious arch work :(

Been playing with new front brakes today. Brembo 6pot calipers from porsche cayenne which will go together with 334mm golf mk4 r32 brake discs (they are not bought yet). I want to fit them under my 17" RH ZW1 and it looks like they will fit. Need some 20-30mm spacers for front clearance but everything looks like they fit.

brembo6pot6.jpg

brembo6pot4.jpg

brembo6pot1.jpg

Love what you are doing, but I put some of these on my MK4 and the additional unsprung weight ruined everything. Are you planning on bells and rotors?

Jay

I'm planing to fit oem golf r32 334mm discs, still looking for some used for trial fit to make sure they will fit before I will buy new one's.

My first hit was to fit them...

brembo01.jpg

but 18" are minimum and 365 rs4 disc weight and costs a lot so ended up selling my rs4 setup and bough 6pots instead.

Before people ask why so big brakes... I'm still planing to go turbo in some future, so far redecorating whole flat took all the money I had saved for this project and made me to sell most of the parts I had on shelves but will be back. Step by step, suspension, brakes, wheels, engine, paintwork and then turbo

OEM discs will weigh a tonne for this.

I've got the 4 pots from the rear of the Cayenne on mine. They sit on 323mm Leon Cupra R discs. They're good.

so is my car still going to be used for this project? Hope so :)

sorry mate but it will be scraped as soon I will get some time to do it. To much rust to save it but many parts will be used in my blackberry, specially whole beige interior.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

OEM discs will weigh a tonne for this.

I've got the 4 pots from the rear of the Cayenne on mine. They sit on 323mm Leon Cupra R discs. They're good.

I really want something bigger and stronger than cupra brakes

Managed to borrow R32 334mm disc and they fit nice. Still need 30mm wheel spacers and longer bolts to get good clearance but everything will fit under 17" RH ZW1

brembor322.jpg

brembor32.jpg

If they won't work I will try Leon Cupra 323mm setup which sitting in garage as a backup plan.

cuprabrakes.jpg

For those who were telling than 6pot and r32 setup is to heavy I can only say that cupra setup is not much lighter

Those are some serious brakes mate lol.

Thanks for the reply the other day, no probs!

could you do me a huge favour mate and put the brembos on and see if they fit behind the RH's without mega spacers. cheers

could you do me a huge favour mate and put the brembos on and see if they fit behind the RH's without mega spacers. cheers

I can do this but due to me been very busy and weather isn't great it won't be quick

Spacing ZW1s out 30mm will give you ET5. They will stick out miles past the arches + the weight of the ZW1s + the weight of the brakes = one bad handling Corrado.

Spacing ZW1s out 30mm will give you ET5. They will stick out miles past the arches + the weight of the ZW1s + the weight of the brakes = one bad handling Corrado.

The stick of the arches about 2c., I'm going to roll out arches anyway. Don't really understand why handling should be bad ?? I had in one of my previous corrado 17x8 alloys with ET15 on front and handling was very good.

I had ZW1s with H&R coilovers and it didn't drive very nice. Heavy steering, crashy over bumps and bad tramlining. I also tried them with Koni / H&Rs and the same. It was just the weight and width of the wheels mainly.

Started cleaning my wheels today. Bit of polish paste makes huge difference. Still waiting on my dremel kit to arrive to get a better aces between bolts but pleased with results so far.

Before

brembo6pot4.jpg

After

rhzw11.jpg

rhzw12.jpg

New tyres ordered as well. 205/40/17 on front and 215/40/17 on rear.

Got new seats delivered today and now have a dilemma. My interior is beige and finished to cleanest standard as possible. Still not 100% completed but it will change very soon and then I will update some pictures.

Now don't know what do to. Repaint new seats in beige what will be quiet hard, from black to beige, tried already and it's not very easy, or change whole interior to black. Hmmmm.......

New seats, still nee a runners.

recaroa811.jpg

recaroa814.jpg

recaroa813.jpg

recaroa87.jpg

recaroa83.jpg

Was looking for them for over 5 years and they never come in leather till few days ago and are mine now :)