Sign in to follow this  
misscarnage

Gemini immobiliser help

Hi all

Went to start the corrado at the weekend after it being off the road for 2 months. Needless to say the battery was gone and I noticed that the immobiliser light had gone off, which never happened before when the battery died.

So I charged it up with jump leads and the immobiliser light came on after a while and the car started as normal. Left it run idle for a few mins, then went to turn on the lights and it died again.

So we charged it again but this time the immobiliser beeped about 20 times and now it won't work. Its flashing away but just won't recognise my immobiliser key. I think the immobiliser must have re-set itself.

Its a Gemini alarm system, and the immobiliser is a little plastic stick thing that you push into a hole on the dash to de-activate the immobilser.

The alarm will turn on and off with the usual keyring button, its the immobiliser thats the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I resolve this and get it to recoginise my deactivator(?) again?

All advice appreciated, thanks!

Bump, any ideas? I'm really stumped here.

Just have to disconnect the immobiliser I guess, if there's no way of re-setting it to recognise my fob.

Its a Gemini alarm system, and the immobiliser is a little plastic stick thing that you push into a hole on the dash to de-activate the immobilser.

The alarm will turn on and off with the usual keyring button, its the immobiliser thats the problem.

Immobilisers like this usually require a new set of keys to be programmed to it. My immobiliser (Selca IM3.22) comes with a red master key which resets the immobilser and sets it to the red master key, i can then program up to black keys. I'm going to assume that you haven't got a master key? You can possibly still buy a master key and spare keys for your version you'll just have to trawl google and see if you can find anything.

Disconnecting it will be a bit of a pain in the ar$e, especially if it contains 2 cut offs; 1 will probably be the starter cable (wont mention it here but can pm you if you want it) and possibly the fuel pump cable (again will pm you the colours if you need them) if its not the fuel pump then it could be anything...hope this helps!

Cheers that makes sense, nope unfortunately no master key.

I'll take your advice and have a search for a master key.

I found someone who's going to look at it today and will be able to disconnect, but I'd prefer the other method.

Appreciate that!