Sign in to follow this  
rolex

Anyone work for VW/Audi/VAG ?? warranty/guarantee question?

On a x reg s3, does it come with a 10 or 12year or no warranty/guarantee on the paint work rusting/bubbling?

yes i work 4 vw

the warrenty is 10yr, on paint and perferation corrosion, is the roof channels corroded under the paint, if so depending how bad it is, warranty was most likely refuse to repair it, ive seen this a few times, and warranty are tight, if its bigger than a 10 p peice, thay say its too far gone and wont claim it.

Thank you, :D......................And buggar!! :( dont sound good

EDIT# yep roof channels, not sure how bad as he only just brought it but will let him know.

Thanks again :D

Check out the Audi Sport forum, this has been a long discussed topic on there lots of good contacts at the Audi head office. My A3 is suffering the same, i've given up trying to claim via Audi always an excuse - going to go private to save my sanity, helps when you have friends in the trade, if it wasnt for that i'd probably still be pursuing a claim due to the cost.

You also need to be careful as the warranty is only valid if you have a full main dealership service history and also I have heard they wont cover it if you arent the original owner of the car.