Sign in to follow this  
GRINGOG60

Head light expert needed!

Ok guys, probably not been asked before but is there any way to convert a set of right hand drive to left hand drive, the reason i ask is that i will be bringing a G60 over to Barcelona where i live and obviously need to change the head light aim so i can get it thorugh an ITV test here (equivalent to MOT).

I have looked into buying them in LHD form but they go for rediculous prices, some as much as £500 and that's just :bad-words: I'd rather let someone smash my fingers with a hammer than fork out that much for them.

Does anybody know if this has been done before or know if a way to do it exsists, is it the actual glass that effects the beam direction or the internals.

Thanks

Hey thanks John but I have already spoken to him and for £300 i think they are too much, ive found a brand new sinlge head light for £80 but i want a pair.

Could be way wide of the mark, but looking at VAG-CAT seems only the lenses are different LHD->RHD :shrug:

The main reflector only shows one part number (discontinued)... if this is the case then you'll only need LHD lenses..

So do you think i could just get some of those horrible In pro lights that are left hand drive and pop the glasses off them and use them then?

So do you think i could just get some of those horrible In pro lights that are left hand drive and pop the glasses off them and use them then?

no they're clear IIRC.

how about asking a VW dealer if they can order you a pair of LHD lenses?

otherwise, what about german e-bay?

worth dropping tempest a pm, he's a) very good at german :) and b) has a left hooker G60, will probably know for sure if a lense swap is all you need to do.

If anyone knows the name of this company it would be most appreciated.

What about Golf Rallyes?- they must of all had LHD spec lights as most of the ones here are imported, how did the owners of these get around changing thier lights?

German for headlamp lenses is - schienwerfer objektiv :hitler:

thanks google

Thanks alot for this, ive jus found 4 pages of headlights woohoo! looks like i wont be paying a rediculous prive for them after all, the most expesive ones are £70!

Thanks for all your help and replies gentlemen.

Have you asked the guy on here who's breaking the G60 Jet - it's a LHD car and may have LHD headlights on it.

Have you asked the guy on here who's breaking the G60 Jet - it's a LHD car and may have LHD headlights on it.

I had a look at his post and it said they had gone unless that isnt the case?