Sign in to follow this  
del68

Car Park rage!!!!

Now we've all read about leaving your C in a car park and coming back to it only to find some pr**k has pranged it and buggered off without leaving a note etc. etc. well try this one.

At lunch time to day I drove down to West Quay in Southampton, those in the Hants Dorset area will know it. I was just going to call into JJB's to get some new trainers. Well, I parked up in a bay, as you do, I noticed the old dear (60-70yrs) in her Renault Scenic in the bay next to me, but that was it. I walked from my C to the shop door (10 secs) up to the trainer display (another 10 secs) could not see what I wanted so asked an assistant, prompt reply "No , not in till next week" so I left and went back to my C. (another 25secs) The old dear was gone, but not with out leaving a bloody great dent in my drivers door and a streak of green paint down the side from the front of the door to the rear wheel arch. I just could not believe she had hit me without knowing it and just left. Not a single camera on the carpark so not a hope in hell of getting the reg plate. Oh and the carpark attendant had not had the chance to get the plate either.

Now this was not some young piece of sh*t, driving his clapped out Astra, but a little old lady in a relatively new Renault people carrier! I'm really lost for words on this one.....any suggestions?

Last bit..... I'm told the damage is not as bad as it looks and should just push out with out too much trouble or money and a T-cut should sort the paint but,. as i keep saying in these forums I'm not a mechanic etc. how do I get the door cards off?

There are screws surrounding the doorcards down the door lock mechanisms side and following the inderneath of the doorcards, the inside door handle front pulls off giving you access to another 2 screws. After that it should just lift up and off. Dont pull it away just yet though!!! You need to disconnect the speaker and the window switch.

Hope this helps.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

DM

There are screws surrounding the doorcards down the door lock mechanisms side and following the inderneath of the doorcards, the inside door handle front pulls off giving you access to another 2 screws. After that it should just lift up and off. Dont pull it away just yet though!!! You need to disconnect the speaker and the window switch.

Hope this helps.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

DM

Don't forget the electric mirrors need disconnecting too :wink:

sh1t like that is making me take my car out less and less,,,, only when i really have too :mad: :x

Thats such a bummer! I am really scared when I get my car back on the road with it's fresh coat of paint I wont want to leave it anywhere!

I got pay back with a to**er in a citroen xantia the other day though. I was parked in the car park where I play snooker waiting for my mate to turn up, I was sitting there happily minding my own business, when I noticed that there was a bloke next to me getting into the xantia heap'o'shite, he then decided that he was going to slam open his door straight into my back o/s door and then proceeded to keep knocking against it while he was having a chat to his mate, so I rolled my window down and had a word but he just shrugged his shoulders at me and carried on talking to his mate, that really pis*ed me off so I started my engine and opened my door as hard as i could slamming it into the back of his car which left a really nasty dent :D :D I then drove off with the one finger salute! You should have seen his face it was a picture :D :D :D :D .

I dont normally do this but he really wound me up!!

Hey Del you could've easily caught up with her probably would've found her up the road abit crawling along at 2mph or she may be back some time next week, the guy who reversed into my wing is always in the same car park (where he hit me) on monday mornings, probably getting his pension.

Ant...what car were you in when the guy opened his door into yours?