Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Insurance - Performance Direct?

Hi all.

Its that time of year again, Insurance.

I have done the usual price comparison website thing, and am getting very varied results, but top of the pile is performance direct, who are over a hundred quid cheaper than the next best quote.

has anyone expereince of them? are they a reasonable company?

Cheers for your reply, Ive tried all the usual suspects too, but I am bewildered as to how these guys can be so much cheaper.

I just wondered if anyone has any actual expereince of Performance direct.

Cheers for your reply, Ive tried all the usual suspects too, but I am bewildered as to how these guys can be so much cheaper.

You checked the voluntary and compulsory excess? How old are you?

You checked the voluntary and compulsory excess? How old are you?

Yip, Same voluntry and compulsary excess, and Im 32.

I called them to confirm and they said it was because confused.com assumed as I am insured on another vehicle, (the missus's) this was my 2nd car, and not the main car. As soon as I confirmed the facts it shot up to over £500.

If it seems too good to be tru it probably is.

Ah!!

It's all a scam at the end of the day :( I put my mum on mine (Im only 24 :D ) as a 2nd driver and it took it down by over £200! 8)

I'm with Performance Direct for my VR and have similar details to yourself. I always give them a ring every year when shopping around. My other car policy is with Adrian flux who are also light years ahead on price.

With the VR, AF couldn't get anywhere near the PD quote. When I questioned this, it turned out the VR would be on a classic car policy. I've claimed through PD before and had no problems what ever, so this also puts my mind at rest, should the worst happen.

My cheapest quote always comes in with Direct Line who you won't find on the comparison websites. Give them a try Zip if you haven't already.

My G60 has been insured by Performance Direct for 2 years now. Its only a play thing so I don't do the mileage but its the cheapest insurance I can find and with an agreed valuation :clap:

i used them for a couple of years with no problems, but never had to claim..

i cant understand why everyone elses insurance always seems so high.. i've ben paying 400-450 Fully Comp on my corrado since i was 24, generally with Adrian Flux..

Just got the best quote with performance direct, no one else could touch it!

They'd honour my NCD that i'm running on another vehicle and on a 5000 mile policy i could get it for £300.... over 5000 mile it went up to nearly £1000, but i suppose they benchmark it for use as a second vehicle.

Spoke to some right chavvy sounding woman there who was very helpful, she could do it on a classic policy for £250! and i could do some sort of weird excess insurance for £30ish where i basically wouldn't have to pay the £250 compulsary if i claimed.

One big thing i did find though is that if i started the policy next month rather than this month the price went up by over £100!!