Sign in to follow this  
Scott-mk3

TAG the Nugget Rado

looks good with the late front bits

Yeah love having the new bonnet on the front end. Sanded down the old indicators aswell as someone tinted them blue and i wasnt into it at all. Need to buy a new grill for it too as its had something stuck to it which has marked it all one one side. Keeping the same type of gril that it has though as i like having a badge.

Looks like a new car :)

Bet it takes a bit longer putting everything back together :)

Do you not have any rubbing issues with the rear wheels?

Getting there to be like a new car :) Put some of the new parts on inside too but scared im going to mess them up as im still working on it.

Back wheels used to have issues when i bought it but none now. I rolled the arches once i got it back up from buying it but before they were rolled it was torture. ripped two tyres at the back to shreds. Need to get the back down lower though but the coils are right down the now.

looks great , im starting to warm to nugget rados now. what profile tyres u running on the rear?

looks great , im starting to warm to nugget rados now. what profile tyres u running on the rear?

Cheers mate. Eh its 205 40 16s im sure. Falken tyres all round on it the same size.

Finally all back together. Will get better pictures when theres actually some nice weather as its just typical it rains when im just finished it.

Here goes anyway, nice and fresh with all defects removed. Bright strong solid yellow again :D

New late spec interior is all in with new parts aswell but shall get pics of that once iv fully cleaned it properly when its dry.

DSC_2656.jpg?t=1277769807

DSC_2655.jpg?t=1277769807

DSC_2654.jpg?t=1277769807

DSC_2653.jpg?t=1277769807

Looks stunning mate... well done! :salute:

so are you happy with everything?

looks really nice, great job :salute:

Thanks man, really happy how its turned out.

Looks stunning mate... well done! :salute:

so are you happy with everything?

Yeah the body on its mint now. Guys done a excellent job and cannot fault. Spent ages flattenting and polishing it making sure there is no orange peal etc.

looks gorgeous mate.. fresh paint is the best :D

Indeed it is, keep it that fresh all the time 8)

First time I've seen this build thread, great job you're doing there mate. Love the Nugget :luvlove:

Nice touch with the door handles :notworthy:

Yellow seems to show off the corrado's lines perfectly, then when you drop it with Schimits (spelling) its looks stunning. Even the standard yellow plate looks good. Did you forget about colour coding the number plate surround or did you choose not to do it. looks great either way with the all red lights 8)

Are your rear lights covered ith Laminex RED film? or were they M3 style ones that have been painted.

The all reds look spot on against the Nugget!!!!

dave

First time I've seen this build thread, great job you're doing there mate. Love the Nugget :luvlove:

Nice touch with the door handles :notworthy:

Cheers man, gets a bit of attention. Door handles were on it when i got it but glad they were as think they look alot smarter.

Yellow seems to show off the corrado's lines perfectly, then when you drop it with Schimits (spelling) its looks stunning. Even the standard yellow plate looks good. Did you forget about colour coding the number plate surround or did you choose not to do it. looks great either way with the all red lights 8)

Nah i didnt want to colour code the plate part as would just be too much yellow. Got a picture of one from the US that has it colour coded but wasnt into it. Prefer to keep it black. There was a few areas i could of changed like the front plate recess,smooth the badge, remove the rado badge but decided to leave it the way it was and i only got the aerial hole removed and smoothed in as liked the way everything else was. I was going to run it without the front plate on as well however it just looked a little silly considering it has the space for the plate.

Are your rear lights covered ith Laminex RED film? or were they M3 style ones that have been painted.

The all reds look spot on against the Nugget!!!!

dave

Nah havent used lamex on the rear lights its tint spray. I sanded the original lights with 800grit to give them a bit of key and then built them up on the top halfs with the tint spray until they were the same colour. Then gave them a few coats of laquer and then wet sanded them with 2000 grit and buffed them up with g3 cutting compund.

They are just standard orange topped ones, not m3 clear ones.

Yeah i thought the all reds really make it with the yellow. Thats what made me get red side repeaters aswell so it all tied in together.

I am so in love with this, only thing(s) id do/change is the handles to gloss black, the rear plate plynth to gloss black and black detailing inside the headlights... just to break up the yellow a bit!

Awesome rado though, props to u mate!

I am so in love with this, only thing(s) id do/change is the handles to gloss black, the rear plate plynth to gloss black and black detailing inside the headlights... just to break up the yellow a bit!

Awesome rado though, props to u mate!

Outside wise im pretty much done i think now. Going to be buying a new grill and some other plastics just to keep everything fresh but next thing shall just be under the bonnet and i should be complete. Cheers man

wow the paint job turned out fantastic! :shades: loving it bet you are well happy!

Yeah man im well chuffed with it and cant fault it one bit. Hate driving it in the rain now lol

Finally got round to going and taking some pictures of the rado now its finally been back together for a few weeks. Heres some i took the other day.

corrado2-1.jpg

corrado1-1.jpg

corrado4.jpg?t=1281045933

corrado3-1.jpg?t=1281045843

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0107-1.jpg

What happened to the phone it used to have :lol: a real period accessory 8) looks lovely mate and glad it went to a good home as i nearly bought it 3 years ago.

Got one now though after an almost eternal search.

What happened to the phone it used to have :lol: a real period accessory 8) looks lovely mate and glad it went to a good home as i nearly bought it 3 years ago.

Got one now though after an almost eternal search.

Ha Ha, that came out the first day i had it back home. Searched for ages to get a new good nick centre console to get rid of the holes from it as well. Total retro that was lol.

Glad you managed to get one mate, good old nuggets :)

Very tasty :D

Indeed :tongue:

Those Schmidts just look superb on a corrado that's slammed to the floor. I don't like excessive lowering but it just works so well with those wheels. Very nice!