Sign in to follow this  
jaded2882

My adventure- Stranded rado in dogging hotspot!

I had to go to a funeral in East Grinstead on Wednesday. It was a very long day and as fun as you'd imagine, so I wanted a trouble free journey home. I left at 8.30pm and got part way along the M25 and the rain was hammering. Had the wipers on full when my driver's side wiper just sheared off at the base and flew off behind me... I was going about 80 and couldn't see anything for a few secs but managed to limp into the slow lane and drive to the next junction with my head over the passenger side!

Got off onto the A3 and took the next turning off. It was a quiet looking national trust car park called 'Ockenham Common'. Within seconds of pulling up I knew something wierd was up. There were loads of cars there, driving in, driving out, people walking round, and all this in the dark, in the rain. I was sure they weren't walking the dog...

I had my interior light on to phone the RAC and had my torch out to see if I could swap the wipers over so I was drawing a bit of attention to the car. It's worth mentioning that I had my girlfriend and her sister in the back and their bro in the front- we are all under 30 so I think all the sleazy old men thought it was xmas come early! The same cars kept driving past really slowly and peering in, and there were a few odd types in macs kept creeping up to the windows to see what we were upto. After 2 hours the RAC man turned up and told me it was one of the dogging hotspots for the county. As he put it 'It wouldn't be so bad if there were loads of fit young couples at it, but it's always full of old men!'

So hands up whos been here before? This isn't far from Toad's territory is it? :lol:

You aren't the only one! I happened upon a dogging hotspot near a country park in Brentwood when all I wanted to do was eat my chips somewhere picturesque!! Thought it strange loads of men were wandering around or driving up and down in their cars peering in to the C looking excited, seeing me and then looking disappointed :shrug: I googled the country park and it was a GAY dogging hotspot so no wonder why they were disappointed, bet they thought I was a nice, young, up-for-it lad in my "boyracer" car :lol: :lol:

:lol: Amazing. Sorry to hear of ur loss tho buddy. Sounds like u had an 'interesting' time getting home then!!

If only I could find MY local dogging spot...*jokes* :gag:

I think this has to be the single funniest post of my time on the Forum, beating even the brilliant but wrigglesome account of the perianal abscess.

So sorry for your sad loss but for what consolation it is, you've made a very long day of work ahead brighter with that hilarious tale!

Ed.

P.S.

'rado was looking lovely when I saw it at DG last week.

:lol: Amazing. Sorry to hear of ur loss tho buddy. Sounds like u had an 'interesting' time getting home then!!

There is one in Birlip not far from the Air balloon pub, Which is where most of our regonal get togethers are :scratch: :grin:

Speaking of which where is Toad these days?

Last seen near Ockenham Common... :lol:

Not sure how you manage to land upon these things Matt, you must have a 6th sense......

Ta for the sympathy- It wasn't a very personal loss for me as it was my girlfriends grandad so I was mostly there for her folks. But funerals are always a bit draining and grim. Certainly didn't feel like finishing the day at Ockenham Common...

'rado was looking lovely when I saw it at DG last week.

Thanks mate its coming along now!

Last seen near Ockenham Common... :lol:

Not sure how you manage to land upon these things Matt, you must have a 6th sense......

Not much use if my spidey senses guide me towards grubby macs and steamed up mondeos! :gag:

He's just moved house and having broadband issues apparently...

Ya funnily enough just after I posted that he popped up on FB :lol: