Sign in to follow this  
joby

What to do on your day off

Well into my 9a conversion now! pulled the old kr out this morning with a jack and a couple of burly bricklayers :) who needs a crane :cuckoo: spending a small fortune on this as everything you pull apart needs replacing and cleaning and painting, Good job i have a couple of good parts lads at my local stealers that give me a healthy discount! Heres a couple of pics from today! Massive clean up of the engine bay neede now and then sell the kr lump if anyones interested only done 70000 miles with history and good oil changes

she's finally back on the road now but gotta take her back off again soon to replace the front subframe and engine mount as theres a huge rust hole in the subframe and she seems to be shaking a little bit (http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=76493) :( also had to replace drivers wing and bootlid at the weekend! Its a never ending job

Also found that ive got water in both front footwells, will need a visit to the stealers for some gaskets and various other parts it seems

Yeah but at least taking your time with it allows for a lil fettling along the way. Wish i could do this kinda thing but frankly it terrifies me :lol:

The problem is when you pull the engine and box out and all the front end you can can how 19 years have treated your pride and joy :) so lots of cleaning and replacing bolts and screws and it all addsup to be expensive and where do you stop :shrug: Walesy going from the 1.8 kr to the 9a 2.0 with a gas flowed head and a milltek, k&n and wur mod and some fine tuning will hopefully see around 170 bhp plus with a bit of luck which should be a nice healthy revvy Valver :D Kip its not that hard once you get started :)

If only I have the know how to do something like this and somewhere warm to do it in ...If you need an apprentice let me know :D

Notice in your sig your in North Wales...I am in Anglesey. Nice to know a fello raddo owner in the area :salute: