Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Bonnet Bra?

If u've got a nice fresh bonnet u wanna keep stone chip free and like the look of it, then yeh!

I haven't had one, but personally do quite like the look of them also. However I think I prefer my bonnet (and women) bra-less!

If u've got a nice fresh bonnet u wanna keep stone chip free and like the look of it, then yeh!

I haven't had one, but personally do quite like the look of them also. However I think I prefer my bonnet (and women) bra-less!

Haha :wink: haven't got a fresh bonnet but its probably cheaper than getting it redone....

When i was in Australia nearly all the cars have a clear perspex/acrylic strip that sits along the bonnet, much less obtrusive than a bonnet bra but probably does the same job, i wonder if we can get something similar for the 'rado, similar to the headlight covers....

just ordered full gimp mask for me vr as its comin back from sprayshop in a few weeks ,nearly £2000.00 large spent ,i'd proberbly cry at the first stone chip!! takin no chances for longer trips :)

Had one on mine for a couple of months- simply not worth the hassle IMHO! You have to take it off every few days and hoover it inside/wipe the bonnet down. You also have to put masking tape on the bonnet where all the tighter parts are. You have to remove/replace the tape every few days. If it gets wet, it has to come off immediately (oo-err!), and then has to be dried. My paint went all milky where the bra had been. It had rained for 5 minutes, then the sun came out and evaporated the water. Not much you can do if this all happens when it's parked and you're at work. I'd rather spend £200 on a respray every 3 years than faff around so much with a bra.

i only intend to use it for long trips ,round town should be fine,the vr is in bath bein sorted n thats a good 120 miles from me no way im drivin down m4 m5 without it! ive saved n swetted to long n hard for it to be feckd by the time im home,ive heard they can cause damage so spoke to sprayshop geezers n they said todays modern paints should be fine i hope so!

i only intend to use it for long trips ,round town should be fine,the vr is in bath bein sorted n thats a good 120 miles from me no way im drivin down m4 m5 without it! ive saved n swetted to long n hard for it to be feckd by the time im home,ive heard they can cause damage so spoke to sprayshop geezers n they said todays modern paints should be fine i hope so!

Whereabouts in Bath are u havin' it done bud?

Had one on mine for a couple of months- simply not worth the hassle IMHO! You have to take it off every few days and hoover it inside/wipe the bonnet down. You also have to put masking tape on the bonnet where all the tighter parts are. You have to remove/replace the tape every few days. If it gets wet, it has to come off immediately (oo-err!), and then has to be dried. My paint went all milky where the bra had been. It had rained for 5 minutes, then the sun came out and evaporated the water. Not much you can do if this all happens when it's parked and you're at work. I'd rather spend £200 on a respray every 3 years than faff around so much with a bra.

Jeez Andy that sounds like some massive effort there!! :nuts: Sod that for a laugh, Im bad enough gettin' mine washed

hi dubstar the job is bein done by country restorations have a look at my members bit ,there doin a sweeet job so far :)

hmmm might stick to just a chipped bonnet for now then, like i said ive not had the money to paint it and if its going to cause hassle then its probably not worth it...might see about fabricating a small perspex shield though...