biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Don't tell us you are going to fit some beach hammocks in there to let the portly squires get in and out easily?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Impressive biggerbig... I will keep an eye on this thread, congrats on the fantastic work so far!

cheers mate, shame about what happened to yours!

All,

Anyway some progress was made this weekend, got 80% of the passengers door card done and 80% of the passengers side dash under tray. I'm going to be shipping half the interior up to the trimmer in 2 weekends time giving me a few weeks to finish off the reast of it. Not too much left to do now.. I've been thinking that it would be nice to pull my finger out and finish the electrics and send her up to Jabba for mapping while the trimmer has the interor??? Time and cash is letting the side down a little though on this plan. Only 10 weeks till E38!!! GULP.. :roll: :roll:

Awwwww.....I was hoping for some more pretty pictures.

lol, sorry bud.. didn't have time to take any pics, give me a couple of weekends and I'll get some sorted just for you... :lol: I'm going to document and post all the pictures I have of the project from start to finish (about 1200 so far) on my website ( http://www.dubland.co.uk ) soon when I get the time so you'll be able to look at them all day/night long! :wink:

Right boys and girls.. this is going to be one of my last post on the project before E38...

Taking a day off work to ferry some of the interior to the trimmers on Monday so I'm against the clock to finish as much as I can! Here are some pics from this evening... Passengers door card is almost complete as with everything else. Modified the 'A' pillars to fit the dash and bolted the dash into place, just need to bolt down the centre arm rest tomorrow... Very impressed with how sturdy the dash is, it was a good idea to use the factory mounting points IMHO. Still lots to do but the dash is staying in the car for a couple more weeks while I finish everything off... the seats etc are going to the trimmers.

lookin ace!

cant wait to see it in the flesh.

the year of the corrado ?

cheers chap, not long now... make the trip down from sunny scotland to this year's E38 , I'll try not to disappoint... off to Leeds in 4 hrs to drop of half the interior for trimming. Time for some sleep, finished work on the car about 30 mins ago!

the work u have done looks awesome!!

cant wait to see the finished work!!

thats dedication to be working so late into the morning!!

I have to say...i'm not sure if i'm gonna like the look of this car / interior when its done...but i really can have NOTHING but full respect for the work that has gone into it :notworthy: ...i've not seen such an amazing amount of dedication to a project.....so much blood sweat and tears :D ....cant wait to see it all done.

atif, corradowales,

Thanks guys, you won't be disappointed! Saw the leather I have chosen in the flesh yesterday and it looks awesome! see you all at E38!

Ah Radas, it's all looking good mate!

Those door cards/moulds look like they must have taken some time and patients - especially the passenger side!

I can't wait to see some 4x4 powersliding/drifting!

Ah Radas, it's all looking good mate!

Those door cards/moulds look like they must have taken some time and patients - especially the passenger side!

I can't wait to see some 4x4 powersliding/drifting!

Make it to E38 and you'll at least see the car, maybe not the drifting.. We will be there friday night matey for a good load off beer, join us, think Hugo is coming..

Doubt it will be running by then but you never know..?

Just looking at those crazy door card mouldings again - are they going to be strong enough? some parts look quite thin and pointy especially on the drivers side, is it fiber glass covered in filler? just checking it's all strong enough if anyone ever rested on it

Just looking at those crazy door card mouldings again - are they going to be strong enough? some parts look quite thin and pointy especially on the drivers side, is it fiber glass covered in filler? just checking it's all strong enough if anyone ever rested on it

They are very strong! Glass Fibre coated in filler to get a good finish for the leather to stick to.

I'm trying to get the car booked into Jabba as we speak! (to get it running, over fuelling at the moment) Leaving mapping to later in the year..

GOOD BOY! How much power are we talking at the end of the 30th of July?

They will need it for at least 1-2 weeks, Elton @ Jabba reckons anything between 350 and 390bhp !!!! His rallye is the same spec as mine and it dyno'd at 383bhp !!!!!

:wink: