biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

I got a phone call from Jabba on friday to say apart from a couple of small issues it was on the rollers and had done 2 power runs.. first was about 225 bhp @ 5 PSI of boost, 2nd was 255bhp @ 8 PSI off boost... not bad. Should be ready this week, for collection on sat. Looking forward to it big style!

B

8psi?? that's a bit feeble isn't it?

I thought you had a bog turbo on this? you should be pulling a bar at least?

Was those readings at the fly or at the wheels, and agreed would have thought with the big IHI turbo and custom remap etc would make more than 225 BHP either at the fly or at the wheels, should me more like 300BHP ?

haven't got it yet... hehe.. picking it up next sat... i'll let you know how it drives at about 12:02pm on sat.. :D

longtime coming ben, enjoy it and don't bend it getting carried away!!

haven't got it yet... hehe.. picking it up next sat... i'll let you know how it drives at about 12:02pm on sat.. :D

longtime coming ben, enjoy it and don't bend it getting carried away!!

I'll try not too Lee ! :wink:

Well i'm glad this project is nearly 'there' - I remeber reading about this when you'd first picked the car up Ben! I'd certainly like to join the queue for a passenger ride if the chance ever comes up! :)

nice one Ben.. it'll be good to see it on the road & all that hard work to finally pay off..

well done mate.. hopefully see you & the corrado at No Rice???

cheers guys..

I've had word from Jabba that IT WILL be ready his saturday, obviously pending any pistons coming through the block ..

I have a mate with a 2 mile 2nd WW runway going through his farm so I've booked up to some 'testing' on sat afternoon/sunday... so if all goes to plan I will have driven it and got some vids for you guys by the end of the weekend. Ohhhh can't wait!!! Hope it snows :D :lol:

Bally, Doubt it will be at NR for a long while, cause I need to find a place for it to live down south first.. could take a while :(

I'm sure I can take you all for a ride when its road legal. Not sure when that might be, def from June onwards but not sure prior to then.. Depends.. It will be at the Stealth RR day in April for sure and any other shows that I can make between now and then. But there is still a few things I want/need to do.. the engine bay is a complete mess.. any ideas on what can be done to tidy it up? Was thinking of removing the scuttle pannel, but not sure??

cheers

Ben

I like the scuttle panel removed, looks very smooth. I was told on mk1's that it’s removal can affect the rigidity of the car. So maybe consider fitting a strut brace to account for its removal. After all with the power you’re going to have, handlings got to be spot on! :lol: :lol:

I like the scuttle panel removed, looks very smooth. I was told on mk1's that it’s removal can affect the rigidity of the car. So maybe consider fitting a strut brace to account for its removal. After all with the power you’re going to have handlings got to be spot on! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I plan to make a custom strut brace but kinda need the scuttle panel out the way first because the main boost pipe doesn't let a normal off the shelf strut brace fit. I'll see..

B