biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

easy job to change the diff.

wheels look wider as that's the way the rear arms swing, they get wider apart the further down the come. added advantage being, the further up ther go, the closer in the go too, so that makes a nice job of the arch clearance.

Hey guys.. the wheels are only 8.5 all round. As Paul quiet rightly pointed out the camber at the rear helps them tuck up nicely in the arch without any rubbing.

Anyway I'm uploading some vids at the moment.

So x2 vids of me messing around, p.s the car was only half warmed up thats why its miss firing etc before anyone asks. Once up to temp its fine!

Download the vids from here.. go to 'Ben 20vt 4x4' and the 2 vids named " testing new rear diff etc" are the ones you want :)

http://www.coupehaus.co.uk/download_page.html

Enjoy.. let me know what you think about the new noise levels?? lol .. maybe a bit loud for everyday use but hey hoo..

Sounds fantastic to me :thumbleft:

Thanks Steve. Its actually a nicer sound if you hear it in the flesh. The video doesn't pick up the chatters of the wastgate very well..

B

Big Big smile on my face today.....

340.2bhp at 6880 rpm. 301 lb/ft @ 4111 rpm. Running a max of 1.4 bar of boost... 8)

So I would have been going to the Pod tomorrow but one of the bearings on the propshaft has destroyed itself while 'testing' :wink: the car out... so I'm going to need to repair that before it goes back on the road. Anyway MOT should be in 2 weeks.. Hopefully in time for Bug Jam...

Ben

Hey Ben.. very nice progress.. car looks & sounds phat.. well done mate, not far of being on the road.....

Excellent result!

I bet thats got a bit of grunt.

Now officially (as far as I am aware) the most powerful corrado on the forum, topping harra by 10bhp.

Hi guys.. YES over the moon! I wasn't banking on as much as 340bhp tbh. Its so hard to explain what a buzz you get from flooring it up the road and being able to keep it in a straight line! 4WD is flipping awesome, I would highly recommend it to anyone!!!

The 3" downpipe and 99 octane fuel added an extra 20-25bhp before we made any changes to the map what so ever.. can you believe an exhaust can make so much difference ??!! I still have a restriction (i.e. back pressure) at 5500rpm upwards, so when I get a chance I will carry the 3" bore through out the system and that should release a predicted 10-20 more horses! That coupled to water injection and a tweak of the map should see 360-370bhp (nexts years mod..) .. cough .. did someone say 6spd dog box as well..?? heheh ..lol

If it wasn't for the damn prop I'd be up and down that strip at the pod tomorrow with the biggest smile on my face... oh well at least I can start getting it ready for its MOT in 2 weeks time!

Need to start ringing a few insurance companies over the coming week (massive GULP!!). Anyone know of some good banks I could rob???

nice one mate, not only dose your C looks great now it goes great!

but theres one thing i dont envy you for and thats what your insurance is going to cost :wink: :lol:

looking forward to seeing you car in the flesh at one of the shows this year, keep the good stuff coming!

Thanks guys.. I'm really pleased with the results! A long time coming!! :oops: And yes I'm sure insurance is going to be a nightmare, but I'm not going to let that put me off enjoying it at long last!

Here are a coupe of pics of the new rear section of the exhaust. A small vid so you can hear what it sounds like with only one small silencer will be posted up on the coupehaus website shortly. With regards to the design of the exhaust tip... I was inspired by a RUF tuned racing Porker I saw a while ago... :D

impressive dyno plot, but WTF is THAT tailpipe?!?! LOL!

cheers phat... and yes yes I know the tailpipe is a little... well... different! lol :lol: :lol:

Mad rush to MOT, help needed !

Did 24hrs this weekend on the car and got most of it ready for the MOT that will take place next sat... however, I still have a number of issues... PLEASE PLEASE if you have any advice on how I can fix these bits please tell as I will only have next friday night to fix them before the MOT which is booked for 8am! .. (an all nighter is avalible on friday if necessary)

Right ..

I have the following 3 issues -

First one is I have the passengers side headlight coming on when only the side lights should be working! But when you flick to headlights it stays on.. odd? bad earth??

Second problem is I need to wire up 'dashboard warning lights' for the following; indicators (left and right), full beam and handbrake. Ok so handbrake is all ok as I have made a loom for that. My problem is making little LED's work for the indicators and full beam. Where is the best place to take a feed from?? I originally spliced into the correct wire on the back of the indicator stalk for the full beam and indicators.. however it doesn't work all the time?? Bad earth perhaps?? If not can anyone suggest a better place to wire them in? Off the fuss box or even the headlight loom going to the engine bay???

Third problem is my reverse lights don't work.. I don't think you need them for the MOT but I can't find the correct plug on the engine loom that fits the plug on the top of the selector on the gearbox. Ideas?? Anyone have the wiring diagram for this.. color of wires etc?? Bentley Manual is proper crap for wiring diagrams!!!!!

Then I have a couple of smaller things to sort like fixing down the headlight switch somewhere and then its ready! wooohooo!!

Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Ben

Can't Jay help you Ben?

There is a really good guy in Cranleigh that did all my Corrado electrics when the head light loom fried a load of circuits. Think it was Dragonspeed cars or something like that, just next to the Industrial Estate with PMA auto's.

Nice looking dyno plot!

What happened to the huge back box? I rekon you should get a side exit like an AC Cobra!

Need to know how its wired up. Its not a bad earth, at least not on the headlight issue.

Unfortunately this is the kind of problem where you need it in front of you to figure out.

Jay

Headlamp problem -> check the passenger side bulbs carefully... and then check the earth is OK.

Warning lamps -> best place to take a feed is from the relay for both hi-beam and indicators - that way you KNOW that if the LED is lit, so are the corresponding lights... Most indicator relays have a second terminal on 'em specifically for this use, and on the main beam relay, just take a feed from the main beam feed (fuse it obviously!).

Reverse lights -> what did this car start life as? There should be a multiplug in the engine bay which connects to a 2 pole plug on the gear selection mechanism which is the reverse light switch. I'll check my car in a mo' to see what colour the wires are...

Headlamp problem -> check the passenger side bulbs carefully... and then check the earth is OK.

But the headlight is coming on when it should just be sidelights, so its getting a feed it should not have, not a bad earth or dodgy bulb.

Jay

ah, OK, I miss-understood that part...

Probable Dim/Dip problem then... ;) What have you done with the Dim/Dip resistor and associated relay/wiring?

*edit* Ok, been to the car - on a G60 at least, the reverse light switch wiring colours are: Black with red stripe and black with blue stripe, both around 3mm wires...

Hope that helps.

Henny you are a legend - massive thanks!!

When taking the feed for the warning lights, won't the relays be in the back of the fuse box and therefore where is this second terminal you mentioned and what does it look like, I'm trying to picture it?

With regards to the headlight issue, do you know if you can by mistake plug the plug into the headlight bulb incorrectly? I think its a 3 pin white plug..

Jay thanks! If you have any further thoughts please let me know.

***** Neil you are a butthead.. MOT in norfolk on sat 8am, how am I meant to get the car down to guildford and back in time... such a butthead.. hahahaha ;-) *****