Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

I'm thinking of getting a Passat CC as my daily - advice pls

Anyone have any experiences with these cars?.

As I'm soon probably gona change job, I'm thinking of getting a Passat CC, either a 2.0 170HP TDI, or a 1.8 TSI 160hp.

Anyone got any experience with this car, and/or these engines?.

I mean I love the look of this Passat (it will eventually replace my VR6 Passat Wagon), but unsure about the engine performance etc...and how they are to drive etc.

Any advice appreciated :)

yea been thinking of the 1.8 as well - ans will look into the taxes on it - but afraid it will be a bit more in taxes due to a stupid system here :)

Anyone ever tested this car by any chance? - or maybe own one, and could shed some thoughts on the car itselfe ?

I can help. I sell them for a living! :D

I love em to bits. Great cruising machine and if you don't need to carry five people I have no idea at all why you would buy a passat saloon over one. Plus the CC will be available with five seats soon anyway.

The engine of choice for most is the 140 tdi. The 170 is a world of torque though and would be preferable over the 140 for me. But if I was going to have one for myself it would be the 1.8 tsi. It's great! Really smooth, really quiet and perfectly suited to the car. Whatever you go for make sure it has parking sensors!!!

Realise you're in Norway but over here there are some real second hand bargains out there too.

Thnx for the info, yea I'v been looking at maybe importing one from Germany - as they seem a bargain down there as well, maybe 15-25000 km on the meter, and already half the price they where new.

Also it seem I would get a top speced one (leather, navi, xenon, sensors +++) for about £10-15K less then the second hands here is listed at :)

What would you say the main difference is between then 1.8 and the 170TDI ? (is the 1.8 160 a turbo engine - or is it the same as the 1.4 with a charger and turbo?)

Hi mate ive got one ,really nice car only had it for 4 or 5 months but mine is terrible on fuel it has the r36 engine but its super quick and a really good family car :D

oooo i wud stick with the diesel or as the lads say the smaller turbo petrol,but a great overall car i like even more than my m5 i had before it and that was a really good car :D