Sign in to follow this  
twofourten

Leaking rear

Just found that my rear wiper is leaking (not sure if it where the rubber meets the plastic or where the plastic meets the metal?) on the wash and making the boot wet, question now is do i spray it with rubber solution and hope it fixes it or take the rear wiper, motor and everything out and blank it off?

I was going to suggest a manpon.

But if you don't fancy that, get rid of the wiper and motor altogether ... ? Tidies up the rear nicely if you can do without the functionality of course.

I was going to suggest a manpon.

Some mods jump into the technical threads, some mods tidy up the Market place and other mods like a bit of General and OT action. And then there's Tom, who you can guarantee will jump into the threads where he can get a cheap laugh from :lol:

confirm whether the hose or the plastic moulding is leaking. Replace the hose and just seal it with silicone. There's no real pressure there its just a transfer pipe. Of course check it all again before boxing it all up again.

Thanks VR6 - ha ha ha...

I think I'll have another look tomorrow and see where exactly the leak is & also price up just blanking it out - i'm warming to the idea of getting rid of the lot and keeping things clean, simple and save weight/hassle/complications etc...

Thanks VR6 - ha ha ha...

I think I'll have another look tomorrow and see where exactly the leak is & also price up just blanking it out - i'm warming to the idea of getting rid of the lot and keeping things clean, simple and save weight/hassle/complications etc...

Just get rid mate, looks better 8)

Followed the link to the thread & bought one of these wiperblank.jpg[/attachment:32grm9yv] recommended by StormchargedVR6 himself, I should have know...

Liked it cos it looks like it will fit real tight n tidy and they do Black!