Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Pics of New 288mm brakes and polished speedline wheels

No pics yet though!! I've taken some, just haven't downloaded them off the camera yet.

Although I can confirm that the old Speedlines DO fit over late VR6 brakes and calipers, with about 3mm clearance, and they look the t1ts. can't wait for the frost to ease up so I can fit them.

It's basically a 1996 golf VR setup, although I went a long way round doing it. I bought some cheap 312mm sea leon hubs, used the calipers and pads, sold the carriers to a mate in exchange for his 288mm ones and bought new discs and bearings. even with braided hoses the whole setup has only cost me £100! mint :D

Cool, thats the setup im hoping to go for very soon as my disks are pretty worn. Am I right in thinking its just the calipers and carriers that I need from the late golf? (and obviously new pads and disks.)

The pics are still on my camera.

Hubs are the same, you just need the calipers, carriers, pads, discs, etc and the hoses with the banjo fittings.

Pics at last

44214603.jpg

44213900.jpg

44213341.jpg

44213857.jpg

Now if they don't look absolute sex then call me susan and flog me hourly with a mouldy kipper.

cant you get any speedline ones?

No doubt it will look ten times better on the car in natural light anyway.

but in that pics, i dont like the roudel on show.

sexy size of brakes tho!!! :D

I think they look sweet with the roundels in the middle. Nice job Phat.

Does the larger pad surface of those make a worthy difference over normal VR brakes? Might have to look into that....

spinted? I meant painted! dunno how that one got out!?!

yeah, the 288's are loads better, did them on my mates mk3 a couple of years ago, they make a noticeable improvement.

Gotta be better than the 256's it has at the moment anyway. They're sh1te!

spinted? I meant painted! dunno how that one got out!?!

yeah, the 288's are loads better, did them on my mates mk3 a couple of years ago, they make a noticeable improvement.

Gotta be better than the 256's it has at the moment anyway. They're sh1te!

So if I go to my breakers and get Highline calipers and carriers and new disks and pads from where-ever, I'm pretty much sorted?

I like the Speedlines, so that seems like the perfect brake upgrade. I wish I'd bought your polished ones now when you had them up for sale, they're sweet....oh well!

If you sell them again, let me know!

K

Yep, mk4's have the same calipers too, but you can't use the discs.

The speedlines will only be on until I sort out the porsche brakes. Then they'll be going. as they won't fit.

I like the Speedlines, so that seems like the perfect brake upgrade. I wish I'd bought your polished ones now when you had them up for sale, they're sweet....oh well!

If you sell them again, let me know!

K

well Kev if you get yourself over to INTERS this year i'm sure there will be another set for sale too.......IIRC i saw 2 sets of them last year :wink:

Yeah, this set included! can't belive no one bought them!

well must admit was slightly tempted by them :-P .......and the boxed mk3 GTi anniversary RX's too......but coilovers was top of the shopping list and i was already getting my solitudes refurbed so decided to "leave" them for you :wink:

If it was actually funny I might have laughed..........

I was SO p1ssed off that weekend, hardly sold a thing, everyone wanted stuff for hal the price I was asking, even though it was already reasonably priced.

Maybe you have to have a big company name and a banner before you can charge top money for second hand wheels.....