Sign in to follow this  
VR6

What Air Freshener?

As per title really. Looking to buy a new air freshener for the car and thought I'd see what the forum opinion was.

Personally, I'm leaning towards something akin to a 'new car smell' but I hate the sort of toxic smell that makes you want to vomit every time you sit in the car because it smells like a skunk's 9 day old boxer shorts.

So any suggestions? :scratch:

"New Car Smell" Magic Tree... my favourite car fragrance to be honest!

Aaaaaall about the Magic Tree's yo. :lol:

I go through them 1 every 2 or 3 weeks. Bubbleberry at the moment, Black Ice is pretty nice and is New Car Scent. Vanilla and Orange one too.

I make my own :D a good curry usaly helps :grin: 8)

:lol:

This is the thing, I was going to get something like a magic tree but I wasn't sure if this was maybe frowned on these days and thought there might be some sort of modern day equivalent :shrug:

tesco used to do a gorgeous one called ocean fresh, not sure if you can still get it.

makes sense to put one straight in the intake bit under the bonnet. NIce call with the vanilla pod!

Not getting why anyone wants an air freshener full stop. Think they all smell naff! cant beat a neutral nothingness but maybe i'm just a boring git :lol: like the smell of leather in me VR though and WD40 in me 8v as i have to keep squirting it in the bay to make it start :roll:

See I'm with Kip on this one generally. Never buy them but when I bought my runabout the guy had a fairly nice smelling air freshener thing in it so I figured I could see what the forum through before splashing out on such extravagance.

Despite liking various freshers, i dont actually have one. Just cleaned and treated the leather, so enjoying that at the moment

i always like the 'just cleaned smell'

doesn't happen much or last long on mine tho :D

never had them.. car smell of leather.....

you could wizz down to tesco and get some rotting fish and put that in your vents !

Or if you like the leather smell gliptone actually do a leather smell air freshener Lol! Quality idea. get em off the bay.

Not getting why anyone wants an air freshener full stop. Think they all smell naff! cant beat a neutral nothingness but maybe i'm just a boring git :lol: like the smell of leather in me VR though and WD40 in me 8v as i have to keep squirting it in the bay to make it start :roll:

100% agree, I've never bought one and never will. Just keep the car clean inside (no food rule in my vr as well) and it'll stay smelling nice and fresh...usually with a hint of heavy braking in mine!

As a beside, I think a lot of VWs smell very similar up to about '98....

new car magic tree is a winner everytime.. put mine on the rear seatbelt holder though so the smells not too overpowering and the trees not in the way..

Or if you like the leather smell gliptone actually do a leather smell air freshener Lol! Quality idea. get em off the bay.

has anyone tried these....saw them & did wander :)

Where did you wander too? :wink:

Where did you wander too? :wink:

aimlessly :D then I wondered what these smelt like!! :p

I buy those fruity round ones from Halfrauds, iirc they are called Pogo. Not a big fan of other flavours, but a nice orange or lemon smells good.

Of course I have this on display permanently, even tho it doesn't smell anymore. :lol: