Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

Can anybody measure amp draw?

I would like to verify the amp draw on my corrado and would like to know if anybody has measured there car,not whats on the net and hear say but actually on a corrado, preferably VR6

Ive got 0.1amp draw with everything switched off.

With the window control unit disconnected 0.023amp.

Can anybody confirm this? just need the battery disconnecting ...that all.

thanks

The electric windows stay "active" for a while after switching off. Not sure for how long or what deactivates them. Saves you turning on and off the ignition to use them.

yea,this is my problem,the window ecu is always active,this is drawing 0.075amp and with the radio alarm etc is a total of 0.100amps,all the feeds are correct and im unsure if its the ecu at fault or not.

Measured on mine was 0.02A, thats with the window ecu shut down and an aftermarket Cobra alarm, I can't remember what it was when it was still alive but I do remember it being surprisingly high. Does sound like your ecu is at fault although i'm not sure how long they should stay active after the ignition is switched off, sure mine was in the less than 2 minutes region though.

My leccy windows stay active until the ignition is turned off and the drivers door is closed, opened and closed again. Not sure if it does it with the passenger side or if it stays active with the car locked. Makes sense if you think about it, you can just open the door and close this window if you've left it open without faffing around with the keys.

so if you open the doors and pull the ignition key out will the windows still work?

I found that i fitted one of the door pin switch earth to the body earth ring,this wire goes to the control unit,this has reduce the draw to 0.80amps but still to much.

I find that with the ignition key turned on then off the windows will work but if you shut the doors it wont.

yes -

Turn car off - get out and close door - open door again and the windows still work - when you next close the door they turn off.

I don't have an ammeter so can't measure mine, but the car can be left for 2-3 weeks and will still start ok although the starter will sound a little sluggish.

just to update this,i fitted a new unit-thanks Leon ! and i thought it was still the same,around 0.80amps but after 10min! it powers down,unlike my old unit,it now reads 0.015amp-result! :tongue:

Think this may be my problem, if I leave the car standing for more than two weeks the battery is dead!!

Is it a case of replacing the ecu? Mine is a G60 with a chip for the change in pully size on the charger - will this need swapping over to the new ecu too?

Ollie