Sign in to follow this  
beavis

Proof of the pudding for X-flow G60

Not strictly a corrado I know.. but this, mutent.

rr2.jpg

A car we have been working with the owner on. 1341cc forged piston G40 lump, which are crossflow as standard, big exhust valve head, G60 blower strapped on ran off a our toothed belt system, tubular manifold, twin inlets with the boost being returned to air.

We have knew the car was pretty powerful the other week when it fried a standard clutch in 10mins and we had to fit a paddle to transmit the power. Then when it started wheel spinning top end of 3rd at 90 and top end of 4th at 120.

Ran it on the rollers at Aldon automotive on saturday.

219BHP

197 ft/lb torque!!!!! thats out of 1341cc's !!!

So the 1.9 x flow should be a intersting set up!! :D

rr36.jpg

Hopefully I'll be running a 1.9 X-flow in the next month or so, thanks to G-man and yourselfs! I was excited about it before. Now I can't wait!!! :D

Quick question though, Shall I try and sell my sachs power cluth and get hold of a paddle one??

Quick question though, Shall I try and sell my sachs power cluth and get hold of a paddle one??

The sach units are pretty good. It is the low down torque that kills them, stadard units do not have enough clamping pressure on the Polo's. The corrado's have more substantial units OE so should not be too much of a issue. May be a case of suck it an see.

Nice one! I've had it for ages just never got round to putting it in, but I'll post it up here to as soon as it fries!

I've been speaking to Darren about a x-flow for a bit and he said he was expecting around 300bhp! I can't wait!

Looks like I'll be driving up and down the M1 to try and bed it in asap.

Ye, is a little insane to drive. The 1st night we tried to run it on the standard 150cc G40 injectors and it was'nt having it, we then fitted corrado greens and it used the fuel up on those by 4000rpm. So, we ended up grafting in a 3bar map sensor to the ECU so it could read the 24psi manifold boost it is producing. The car is now running the 300cc red injectors. LOL

It is quite mental, 2nd gear you have to feed the power on slowly, as with 3rd, 4th is just stupid and the other day Stuart, the owner was undertaking me in in 5th gear on the motoway when I was dropping my car into 4th and booting it. Quite sick.

Should be making an apperence at some track days, santa pod and the strip at inters to cause a stir. Sounds like a jet at full pelt. The exhaust is expelling such a volume of air it whooshes for fun.

I ran the another customers car for them. The car is completly stock barring our 9:1 1341cc forged pistons and a flowed charger. It even runs a stock sized charger pulley. The car ran 140BHP and 140 ft/lb torque. Peak torque being at 2500rpm dropping to a flat 137 ft/lb though to 6000 rpm. Not massive figures, but compared to a stock engine car 113bhp 111 ft/lb 3700rpm the higher compression and extra CC gains show. That car is being trated to toothed belts next week, so the 8psi it is running at the mo will double to 16 odd. I'm personally going to be looking for silly torque and at least 180bhp out of that car after this.

Quite good as the G40 stuff is a good learning curve and inspiration for the G60 kit that is in the pipeline. Cannot wait now to built a sick G60 base engine using thye x-flow, Darrens hand crafted inlet manifolds and some sweet loving LOL.. should provide some amusment

good work guys

somehow cant see as much of a gain from the G60 unless you put a M90 of lysholm or turbo on there

will be nice to see

Don't swear.... no T***O's to be seen. Cool inlet temps and gas flowing from the x-flow head, torque from the extra CC and raised compression, plus a few other obssurities ironed out. With the G60 blower running a 68m pulley I'll be wounded if the engine does not produce a least a minimum of 230-240 bhp on a 68mm pulley, but I'm confident that the torque should be quite sick low down, which is what we are really looking to achive. The turbo cars show nice big BHP figures, but anyday i'd have a supercharged car with 40bhp less, but with a sick flat torque curve. The maths should work out to a lot more bhp than mentioned, but we will see, power is there to be extracted. The criteria fand maths for stu's G40 was just to crack the 200bhp barrier, so the 219bhp figre was a bonus.

LOL.. I'll tell Stu that.. To be honest, i'd be happy to drive it if it was a Nova merit if it had that engine in it.

must have scared some of those works Cooper S's down your way..lol........if the intercooler on the front did'nt then the whoosh from the exhaust would have!

Ye.. the best analogy of being in that car... hmm lets see... Well.. like a Rodeio rider trying to keep on the back of his horse while it buckerroos about.

Passes our Cooper 'S' like somones nicked the charger off it.

darrens sweet loving !!! :-P :-P got plenty of that at the moment ... 1.9 x-flo at a show near you soon....

Jah ... use mkII golf 1.3 engine mounts and it pretty much drops in.LoL...

Embarrased my friends WRX a few years back with 150BHP in my g40 then. Sat on his tail while his turbo spooled up... He would pull a couple of car lengths on me... then his speed limiter kicked in at 115mph and I sat by him and teased him. He had a distinct advantage over getting around corners quicker though.LOL

I take it it'll be pretty easy to drop into a MKI golf!?? Just happen to have one sat around not doing a lot at the moment! :wink: