Sign in to follow this  
lilfuzzer

Anti roll bar rubbers advice please

Antbody have any tips on getting these in as was trying for about an hour last night and decided to break and ask

many thanks

Ooo they are a right pain - I was trying to get some out recently, which is equally tricky.

You need to drop the subframe as far as you can. Support it in the middle with a good trolley or bottle jack first. Loosen the front two bolts by about a quarter of an inch, then take the four rear ones out completely (the two for the control arms and the two in to the floor. You should then be able to lower the jack until the back of the subframe drops by an inch or two, whilst being very careful not to strain any wires or hoses on the way down.

You may need to disconnect the steering UJ from the rack at this point - I'm not 100% on that as the column wasn't in the car I was working on. There might be enough movement in the joint to lower the subframe enough, but there may not. You can do that by lifting the boot off the rack and taking the 13mm bolt out. Try not to take the UJ off the spline completely cos its a pain to get back on, but with the bolt out you should get enough extra movement.

Once the subframe is lowered you can undo the 13mm bolts holding the arb brackets in and you should be able to lift them just enough to get them out, then the bar comes out.

Hope that helps :cat:

Hi there sorry should have clarified. The subframe is off and just building it back up before being put on the car. So have plenty of room. Its just the new ones as finding it difficult to press them into place before putting the retaining bolts back on

Thanks for the reply though Handy to know that if they need doing again with taking the engine out.

I did mine when I changed my subframe. It was easy off the car. I found a blunt bolster chisel and a hammer the perfect combination to compress the bush prior to bolting them down