Sign in to follow this  
ger040

broken electric windows

can anyone help - my vw dealer (or vw stealers as they are known) does not want to know - i am putting a 92 g60 back on the road and this weekend i attempted to look at why the electric windows wont work - i can hear clicking when i push the switch for both windows - so i took off the door panels and there is not a lot you can see - i noticed on the passenger side a fine stainless steel cable ? loose - i pulled it and eventually came out with a frayed end?. i moved to the drivers door and it was the same a stainless steel cable with a frayed end but even better there is a piece of wood which one moved the door glass fell !!! but i managed to prop up again - what parts do i need so i can go to my local dealer (stealer) gsf or euro car parts if they can supply them. any info or help will be appreciated.

this basicly means the regulators are buggered mate your gonna need new ones

have a look for people breaking em on here they are easyenough to replace but you will need to drill and rivit gun :D

LOL on the wooden prop. Ive got one myself on the drivers side. Ive got a regulator that i might get round to putting in this summer.

You can pick a used one up for around £30.