Sign in to follow this  
mort1414

beetle rsi

i think they only made 250 but there was one for sale on pistonheads for 17k ish guy said they were 50k ish new

Weren't all the 'Beetle Cup' cars RSi's?

Bit of a pointless car TBH, mainly a marketing thing to help shift the standard beetles I think.

They are very nice but not worth the £54k they listed for new. The car was a halo edition released around the same time as the VW Racing Beetles that you still see in common use today but it wasn't a homologation car. The road going Beetle RSi had what was effectively the first version of the 3.2 V6 (but with only around 220bhp) engine and Haldex 4WD whereas the Beetle RSi race cars have the 2.8 24v and only 2WD.

It seems as though they don't appear very often these days, even on the VW show circuit. I suspect this is because many of them were purchased by more general car collectors as opposed to VW enthusiasts.

The interiors were really quite special, but still not enough to justify the asking price either then or now.

Beetle RSi race cars have the 2.8 24v and only 2WD.

Handy for FWD 02M conversions :norty:

If you can find one.....

A lot cheaper to buy the 2.3 v5 se and get a remap. Ours runs 200 at the wheels according to it's history;-)