Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Multi Multi CD Changer!!!

HI guys

Years ago I remember you could by little units that would allow you to daisy chain 2 or more CD boot changers together to hold more CDs etc. Im STILL planning my install for the C and want to know what they are called.

I've got a kenwood setup does anyoen know if they do them still??

Surely these days it's easier to get an mp3 -capable changer, and bung tons of albums on CDs in mp3 format?

Or even a hard-drive based setup. (Though these seem to be *still* extortionately expensive!)

*cough* I meant the license-unencumbered "ogg" format, instead of mp3, of course, for those that are aware...

(sounds better too, particularly at lower bitrates.)

They won't play the new copy-protected album from who-knows who though. No, you'll have to rip it to .ogg in order to play it in the car... (ha!!)

;)

They won't play the new copy-protected album from who-knows who though. No, you'll have to rip it to .ogg in order to play it in the car... (ha!!)

;)

They only won't play 'em for the first month or so until someone cracks 'em like they did with DVD players! :wink: :lol:

;)

I managed to crack one of these copywrited discs to rip it into my car, I just cloned the CD and removed the crap and burnt it as a new audio disc then ripped it.

Anyway

I have tones of mixted Albums and i hate having them on MP3 cos it splits the tracks on my player. hence me wanting to daisy chain my changer to another

To crack most of these new "copy-protected" CDs, just press and hold SHIFT when you put it into the CD-ROM drive... :wink: :roll: :lol:

I didn't tell you this of course... you read about it on "the web somewhere..." :wink: :roll:

panasonic did a multi changer ages agot hat was 50+1 cd autochanger and they did one for the in house stack system 100+1

Henny, that was one of the most stupid "copy protection" systems ever invented. Not only that, but as I don't run M$ it didn't work on my computer anyway...

It made me laugh when I heard about it..!

When will the record companies learn? Their past experience will tell them that EVERY copy protected album they've ever released has been ripped and available on the P2P networks within an hour of release... In fact, most become available BEFORE official release day.

Why bother? Work *with* the system...

The funniest thing about these copy protection systems was that if you stuck certain ones in Macs it locked the CD-Drive and the only way to get the disc out was to break open the computer :lol:

Most of the "Copy Control" discs are quite easy to extract onto MP3 or other format.

However, back to the original question. Alpine do a "Multi-Changer" system, which allows you to stack up to (I believe) 6 changers up. You can even have the new Ai-Net MP3 changers, so you could have 61 MP3 discs (including the one in the head-unit) stacked.... I'd nearly fit my collection on that lot {;-)

Or even a hard-drive based setup.

That's why I've got a 20GB ipod... 8) plugs in to aux in of the head unit nicely... 8) I've got just about every CD I've ever owned/borrowed/heard on it and it's still only 65% full :-)

(pic was before I changed my head unit...)

Or even a hard-drive based setup.

That's why I've got a 20GB ipod... 8) plugs in to aux in of the head unit nicely... 8) I've got just about every CD I've ever owned/borrowed/heard on it and it's still only 65% full :-)

(pic was before I changed my head unit...)

Is that with or without the battery that only lasts 12months and is not replacable :shock:

It is replaceable, Apple were just trying to charge a £50-odd "service charge" to replace it

They are being forced to replace it free of charge following a class action in the US...

I swear, if I hear someone else say that iPod batteries are not replaceable.. :mad:

As stormseeker said, they are totally replaceable... 20 seconds on google found me a site that sells the batteries for only $50 and you can swap em yourself in a few minutes.

Using the iPod in the car is a great idea, and i'd like to look at hooking my iPod (20GB) also up into the headunit on my new car.. i'd like to get one of those iTrip things but I hear the quality you get is really not that good so probably not worth bothering with?

I use Wavelab to rip orig cd's, works every time whether they have the protection sh*t or not!! 8) :) 8)