Sign in to follow this  
timmaaah

Alarm Prob - indicators not flashing - not normal fuse prob

It's a standard 998 jobbie - the unit works completely apart from:

No siren - never worked properly - siren now removed

Indicators do not illuminate on arming/disarming/activation of alarm. Was working this morning, but now not. Battery flat, so been running on jump leads from the van.

All the closure parts work fine, and the alarm will activate if the doors are opened, or the movement sensors are triggered.

There is a separate Toad Powerkey Cat II immobiliser fitted, which is a keyless transponder type job - this works fine

I've uncovered the alarm from behind the glovebox. It's quite evident where the cables are, as there are three fuses in a little holder. Continuity shows 2 supplies going to the ignition, splicing into the indicator wires. Presumably the third goes to the siren, haven't actually checked that yet.

The unit clicks when arming etc, but there is no power out from either of the two indicator feeds (checked before the fuse).

I presume this alarm unit is now shagged? Are they open-up-able to find internal fuses?

How easy is an after-market alarm to fit, bearing in mind that I would like to retain the closure features? I would be installing said replacement alarm myslef. Funds are limited due to lots of diagnostic stuff needed on the old girl, not to mention a new clutch :shock: I could probably trace all the wires that go into the multiplugs if needs be, but does anybody have a colour wiring diagram?

Help really appreciated

Timmaaah

Still got this problem, although it seems to be intermittent.

Car battery fubard, so connected at the moment to a charger. Yesterday, the indicator lights flashed - this morning they did too, but now they don't.

Checked the outputs from the rear of the alarm, and no power out to indicators. The unit 'clicks' twice when arming and once when disarming.

Any ideas peeps?