Sign in to follow this  
Portent

Corrado owners club question

This might be a silly question but here goes... when looking for quotes on a possible VR6 I may buy I keep getting asked if I'm a member of an owners club. The insurance is cheaper if I am. Which Corrado owners clubs are there?

Like I said, silly question but I'm new to this :)

The Corrado Club of Gt Britain :D Is the owners club

You also gert discount with Chris Knott through this very forum :)

Thanks guys. How do I get the discount?

Told you I was going to ask silly questions :)

Just say you're a member of the Corrado Forum, it's always got me discount with insurance, VW etc etc ( I even got discounted insurance on my T4 by saying I'm a member of the Corrado Forum :lol: - it's just a box that they tick so it doesn't make much difference to them)

As Walesy says it's a box they tick but i think the reason they ask is that insurance companies are prepared to offer a little discount as if you do belong to the club and or a member of the corrado forum it means that you are a genuine enthusiast and likely to look after the car (etc) but thats just my guess :)

Memmbership of the Corrado Club G.B is a mere £10 with many benefits a superb magazine twice a year and the option to attend most of the vw shows and put your car on the club stand right in the middle of the show which in itself is worth the join up fee! :grin:

Regards.

Kip.

As Walesy says it's a box they tick but i think the reason they ask is that insurance companies are prepared to offer a little discount as if you do belong to the club and or a member of the corrado forum it means that you are a genuine enthusiast and likely to look after the car (etc) but thats just my guess :)

Memmbership of the Corrado Club G.B is a mere £10 with many benefits a superb magazine twice a year and the option to attend most of the vw shows and put your car on the club stand right in the middle of the show which in itself is worth the join up fee! :grin:

Regards.

Kip.

My local VW also give me a good parts discount as I'm a club member- membership has paid for itself nerly 3 x this year from the discount 8)

Come on guys.. it's not a particularly nice feeling to have friends rubbishing something you put time & effort into doing :(

I did :lol: at those two comments admittedly.

I've got my tenners worth from it to be fair. I've had 3 magazines so far and always interesting to read but I would prefer more up to date content over the "glossy brochure" thats sent out, I understand that anything new is usually thin on the ground though. Unfortunately because of my age the insurance discounts make no difference to me anyway :(

I was only messing Jim, I wasn't intending to 'rubbish' anything and I don't think a tenner is bad for a club membership in the scheme of things! :tongue:

As much as I can see why you'd think I was having a pop :grin:, it really was just a throw away comment Jim.

CCGB or not, I was just trying to make a quick buck :tongue: