Sign in to follow this  
sprayteck

serious opinions on a colour change

Going to change the colour of my G60 come hell or high water, but would really like to hear peoples opinions as to what colour i should do it. i do have some ideas in mind but would like to know im going in the right direction as i will be selling the car in the not too distant future when i have completed the job of bringing the car back to top notch. At the mo its dragon green with no rust anywhere but does have disrespect damage in various places, im going to do the job full on with the glass out and a full strip down. Im not going to throw thousands at interior and wheels ect as i have a set of oz super t's lined up. as for the interior i may buy a late spec interior and do a full convertion inside.

so treat it as a blank canvas so to speak because if i like your ideas better than mine then i will do it. ive done a fair few dem cars and show cars including a mk4 that went to the show in telford 2 week ago so this isnt an exercise in wasting time.

i will be waiting for your input guys.

cheers, si.

Would help if you gave a general idea of what colour you personally would like. Red? Black? Blue? Pink? Tartan?

I was trying to keep my opinions to myself of what i wanted to do, so i could find out if i am going in the right direction. im after popular opinion of what people want to see done to a corrado. i will gladly tell all about what i have in mind when i get some feedback. i will say that i had some porsche themes in mind. colours arent a prob i do it all. but i wont go full euro look.

I want big impact from the colour option (not bright pink lol) and subtle changes that will appeal across the vw world. i will also take on board any ideas people may have on mods that havnt been done before due to labour cost ect.

thanks, si

Go for something original, that no-one has seen, but keep it subtle/understated. IMO a "balls out bright" spray job on a C just does the car no justice.

As for colour choice, I assume you can go for whatever you like, are you a sprayer by trade?

Saw a really dark grey metallic on an A3 earlier which would really suit the C, greys and silvers look great with the right wheel/wheel colour.

ive turned into a big fan of silver on rado's personally.

im also a sucker for the lambo purple they used on diablo's, would love to see a rado done in this.

wouldnt go mad on body mods as the standard motors seem to hold there value well (possibly better than modded cars) at the moment.

I've seen a few new cars recently done i a very nice shade of white that i really liked!

Like the white ones in your signature? :D

Khaki green would probably fetch a bit of attention if that's what you're going for, and might help aid a sale in the future. It was a Corrado colour but only on VR6's and it's very rare here in the UK.

I'd love to see one in AUDI Condor Grey (pearl)... we've an Audi A3 cabrio in it and it'd look stunning on a 'rado... beautifully understated colour that'd show off the lines and angles on a 'rado to their best...

Couple that with some subtle body mods (no side repeaters, stick 'em in the mirrors, frenched in rear high level brake light, debadged etc....) and you'd be onto a winner in my eyes... :)

I'd love to see one in AUDI Condor Grey (pearl)... we've an Audi A3 cabrio in it and it'd look stunning on a 'rado... beautifully understated colour that'd show off the lines and angles on a 'rado to their best...

Couple that with some subtle body mods (no side repeaters, stick 'em in the mirrors, frenched in rear high level brake light, debadged etc....) and you'd be onto a winner in my eyes... :)

corozin did his in an audi grey. it was a flat one tho and looked a bit like primer but it did look good and brought out the lines really well.

Yes thats the rado i was thinking of actually! :lol:

Though looks a little more grey then the BMW, though could be just the light.

Its a very very nice colour :D

Stealth fighter style matt black 8)

looks pants on a rado.

the only thing close ive seen which looks ok is satin black but i think its only the chavvy white stickers that make it look better

satin rado.jpg[/attachment:532ftzrl]

i really like that! :D

Remove the stickers and the racing net then i think it would look mean.

x2

Someone photoshop it!

Saw an '04 passat in a similar colour the other day.thought to myself that'd suit a rado!

Always had dreams of a matt orange C myself.probably sounds hideous to most though!

Stealth fighter style matt black 8)

looks pants on a rado.

the only thing close ive seen which looks ok is satin black but i think its only the chavvy white stickers that make it look better

satin rado.jpg[/attachment:1t64fs92]

That's kind of what I had in mind, I think with some sensible wheels and no stickers that would look amazing

Awesome guys, this is what i wanted to hear and read. have to say i do like the bronze and i like the idea of matt. it is a pig to do matt and make it good so that would be good for the attention and some recognition (got to massage the ego a little lol).

Would you like to see a colour other than black done in a matt finish?

I like the idea of getting rid of the side repeaters, would colour coding the door handles go down well. i will deffo be getting rid of the badges but probably not the corrado ones on the back.

Oh, the bronze you mentioned, there is another bronze that i have seen its on volk racing TE37's, i refurbed some in this colour and they looked amazing and they were done matt.

Please please please keep the ideas coming.

thanks, si.

Id be interested to see what a C would look like in an orange, a bit like this :shrug:

dodge.jpg[/attachment:ch0lushg]

But I do like that bronze! :luvlove: