volksworld13

storm force 1 , on the road to exellence!

new engine cover, love the colours , came from the dealers like that, which is different to the original silver ones 8)CIMG0195.JPG[/attachment:2k43hf63]

Yeah ive got the same one looks miles better if you ask me

I think it's the Golf VR cover that fits and is provided as there are no original plain silver ones left.

If I remember rightly it is also slightly different than original as the lettering is raised and not sunken so can not even be painted up to give it a more original look.

If you like the 'new' look that's fine but if you NEED standard it's a bit of a b"mmer

ok where do i begin, been soo busy at work, and fixing the storm ,just havent had time to update thread, anyway here goes.

new parts ive ordered,

*new stickers for new rad coveringstromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfCIMG0274.JPG[/attachment:2vfzpgab]

*new tank heat shieldETKA Corrado.pdfCIMG0277.JPG[/attachment:2vfzpgab]

*new tank strap and bolts and fixings

*new foliage cover and sealstromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfCIMG0284.JPG[/attachment:2vfzpgab]

*new rubber cup for fuel tankCorrado92.pdfCIMG0281.JPG[/attachment:2vfzpgab]

*new callper bolts

*new lower strut bolts.

*new fuel line from tank to filter the black one

*new fuel filter

work carried out,

drivers side rear arch /lower sill looked ok, until i started poking around, lower lipped crumbles away.climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG0178.JPG[/attachment:2vfzpgab]

set to work cutting out all rust in the lower arch/sill area.

re-fabricated new lip,gained good penetration with welds, smoothed welds, using upol gravitex resealed ,gave it a couple of coats of mystic blue paint specially mixed, but will get body shop to give another once over so its tip top.2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG0273.JPG[/attachment:2vfzpgab]

cracking welderCIMG0251.JPG[/attachment:2vfzpgab]

treated the storm to a polished schrick manifold, received this baby in the post 2 weeks ago, set to installing wiring and vacuum setup, all neatly installed, manifold still requires lots of elbo grease to make it look perfect!passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG0263.JPG[/attachment:2vfzpgab]

the whole of the floor pan is nearly done, all cleaned, no dirt grease or anything, just the sealed stonchip effect it cam out the factory with.

small odd rust spots, im treating with genolite and zinc 182 rust inhibitor.

will post some more pics up soon.

update so far, !

well been super busy at work, and home doing building work, but managed to squeeze some storm work in.

so far all three tank straps have been off, shot blasted, zinc coated and then powder coated, all new tank bolts.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG0232.JPG[/attachment:3rrc80kq]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG0294.JPG[/attachment:3rrc80kq]CIMG0295.JPG[/attachment:3rrc80kq]

i have also replaced the roof ariel gasket as it was perished,

been polishing the schrick up even more, but my patience is running out, so boring, just wanna fit it , but i know its worth the wait.

fitted new headlamp switch.

fitted new air mass meter.

brand new drivers side headlamp

also fitted new seat bolster to my 8v , needed doing for a long time.

its the cost of new parts, and how it all adds up its staggering

progress is slow but steady,

will update again soon with more pics

progress been slow, been doing work on the nugget 16v, but ive got to rattle on and get the storm up to scratch.

i ordered new brake line from vw 4 quid per meter comes in 5 meter rolls.oem green pipe!

new male brake unions, fully shaped and flared took me a while steel pipe is hard to bend neatly without the right tools and paitence.and without kinking the pipe, remade all the rear pipes, pics below, they are exact replicas of the original, i hate the look of cooper pipe.

below sykespickavant flare tool, original pipes and a template, below are the new and old pipes side by side.

do you think?

they are original green pipe , just like when the car was first made, and they last about 15 years , well mine has, might be worth doing a group feeler.?

do you think?

they are original green pipe , just like when the car was first made, and they last about 15 years , well mine has, might be worth doing a group feeler.?

+1 on great pipework. Let us know more on this when you do decide to go into mass production :)

the schrick manifold is now installed and working nicely, def feel more pull lower down the rev range.

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfCIMG0434.JPG[/attachment:3xeql0br]

new bbs center caps, and wheel bolt caps, make a world of difference to the look :grin

Corrado92.pdfCIMG0422.JPG[/attachment:3xeql0br]

floor pan cleaned, new fuel pipe clip retainers,new short fuel line,tank to filter as it was heavily corroded.passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG0425.JPG[/attachment:3xeql0br]

Nice line clips.

I bought a few recently but was too chicken to

1, remove the lines from the existing clips

2, try to remove the clip with the lines still in place.

So how do the clips come off? Just a good strong pull with a pair of pliers??? :scratch:

the pipes are just pushed into the clips, but be carefull when removing them, they can pinch/cut the pipe if your a bit rough so, you a trim tool or a blunt object and prizze the plastic bits out, and that will release the pipe from the clip, the clips are screwed onto threaded pins, just undo them normally by twisting them out, just screw the new one on, and pushed the pipes bk in.

new parts bought from vw

front and rear brake backing plates with new retaining bolts

new brake flexis all round( front rear and center) with metal spring retainers

new pcv valve and connecting peice

you can get the pcv valve from ford, the connecting peice is not available,only listed complete with vw 80 plus vat! the pcv valve is new and the pipe is used .

coming together nice mate.

Nice to see another mystic blue getting positive attention

Hint Hint: Don't forget my brake lines...lol :wave:

coming together nice mate.

Nice to see another mystic blue getting positive attention

Hint Hint: Don't forget my brake lines...lol :wave:

I drooled over these first so there!!! Join the back of the queue :nuts:

Ahh its not fair guys, both of you have Storm badges but I haven't :cry: At least we're rocking the best colour ( haha another colour argument :norty: )

I couldn't put Storm badges on a non-Storm car, mine has been re-sprayed sometime in its life.

Whats next then Alex? Great progress so far.

update so far, !

well been super busy at work, and home doing building work, but managed to squeeze some storm work in.

so far all three tank straps have been off, shot blasted, zinc coated and then powder coated, all new tank bolts.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG0232.JPG[/attachment:12u0zfwc]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG0294.JPG[/attachment:12u0zfwc]CIMG0295.JPG[/attachment:12u0zfwc]

I fancy doing this as mine are not in good nick, did the bolts come off ok