Sign in to follow this  
Dutch24V

Widening BBS 2-piece splits?

I have a set of BBS RKii's size 17*7.5j 5*100 et35. I'd really like 8.5j for the rear and thought it would be possible to simply re-dish mine to make them wider, but I've been told this is not possible with 2-peice wheels, only 3-peice :confused4: ?

Is this right and if not anyone know somwhere that could carry out this work?

Ideally I'd just buy 2 new rims, but cannot find any for sale and not even sure if they came in this size originally? I've seen 18*8.5, but never 17*8.5. Any wheel experts out there that know better???

R,

Dutch

3 split rims would mean the fascia of the wheel is seperate from the rim and both are seperate from the wheel itself. So 2 split must mean the fascia and rim are one piece. So i wouldnt say so no.

Thanks c_m, but If the fascia and rim are one peice on 2-piece splits, why can't it still be swapped onto a wider wheel?

Just had a thought - as these wheels are/were available in 17*7.5 5*100 AND 17*8 5*112 and both with an et35, couldn't I just swap the inner facia peice (5*100) from the 7.5j wheel onto the 8j wheel? Surelly the bolt location would be the same as the only diference of the facia bits would be the 5*100 & 5*112 mounting holes??

R,

Dutch

Pic of bbs_rkii_17*8_5*112:

Right you can get different 2 piece splits. Some come with a barrell and face as 1 piece and the lip as another and some come with the barrell and lip as one and the face as another, yours look like only the face can be removed. You should in theory be able to swap over the face to another wheel providing it has the same hole fitment (on the outer dish), but usually things that seem that easy usually arn't :(

Right you can get different 2 piece splits. Some come with a barrell and face as 1 piece and the lip as another and some come with the barrell and lip as one and the face as another, yours look like only the face can be removed. You should in theory be able to swap over the face to another wheel providing it has the same hole fitment (on the outer dish), but usually things that seem that easy usually arn't :(

Thanks for confirmation swifty!

Thanks for clarification Swifty.

The picture shown is of an rkii wheel size 17*8 - 5*112. If I could get hold of a pair of these I reckon I could swap faces with my 5*100 ones as the bolt patterns should be identical being basically the same wheels.!?

Let the search begin...

R,

Dutch

Thanks for clarification Swifty.

The picture shown is of an rkii wheel size 17*8 - 5*112. If I could get hold of a pair of these I reckon I could swap faces with my 5*100 ones as the bolt patterns should be identical being basically the same wheels.!?

Let the search begin...

R,

Dutch

Yes. as its simply the face that comes off those you could swap the faces over. provided the bolts around the outside of the face will match up (as said)