ChrisKnottIns

NEW CORRADO FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME VIA CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Please don't forget to ring us if your car insurance is due in April and realise the benefit of this scheme!

It's a free phone call - 0800 917 2274! (Mobiles can ring 01424 200477)

Please don't forget to state the club name & reference number found in my signature below.

Let me know how you go on!

July mine is due i think it is and i rekon ill be staying with you for the 3rd year :p unless someone offers me a daft quote that is!

Hi

Although on average nearly 1 in every 2 people who get a quote from us take out a policy, the number of people who ring us is quite low compared to the amount of registered users.

I realise that there are certain age and postcode limitations as stated in my original post in this thread (which are there to protect the scheme for the majority due to the high claims loss ratio's within these categories) but I would encourage you to give us a call if your car (or home, breakdown) insurance is due.

Our reputation hopefully precedes us based on the amount of grateful comments received.

Please ring free on 0800 917 2274 (mobiles can ring 01424 200477) and just state the club reference number found in my signature below, or in my original post.

See if we can make your day!!!

If your car insurance renewal is due in the next 21 days, please feel free to ring us on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles.

(Don't forget we also do breakdown cover, travel and home insurance!)

Forgive me if this is a basic question, I'm not very clued up with insurance etc!

Does it work out cheaper to

A: insure 2 cars, one being a basic daily worth 3k, keeping the modified Corrado for sunny days, or

B: just insuring the Corrado for permanent use.

The 'in my head' theory says it should be cheaper, as your not going ot be able to drive both at once and the daily is a lower risk vehicle, but it's never worked out like that in the past, but thought things may have changed. No one else on the policy. 7 years ncb

i have the corrado insured on its own policy and the justy insured on its own policy with the justy being the second car as such so i wonder if like you say it would work out cheaper to do it the other way.. altho they are both down as only 5k cause they dont go anywhere!

Just phoned Chris Knott and got a pretty decent quote. £310 for a limited mileage policy on my Storm - I have 10 years NCB and I'm nearer 40 than 30 :( . Dealt with a lady called Kim who was most professional. I'll think about it over the weekend but may well switch from Esure (their quote is £293) - I can imagine Michael Winner muttering "Calm down dear".

£17 more expensive but hey I saved around £200 today phoning up Edf Energy and switching onto their cheaper online saver tariff from the standard dual fuel discount - it always pays to shop around 8) .

Forgive me if this is a basic question, I'm not very clued up with insurance etc!

Does it work out cheaper to

A: insure 2 cars, one being a basic daily worth 3k, keeping the modified Corrado for sunny days, or

B: just insuring the Corrado for permanent use.

The 'in my head' theory says it should be cheaper, as your not going ot be able to drive both at once and the daily is a lower risk vehicle, but it's never worked out like that in the past, but thought things may have changed. No one else on the policy. 7 years ncb

We have to insure them separately but we take into account the mileage and can give equivalent NCB discounts. In fact, today someone posted on another forum how competitive we were when we did this on their cars!

Just phoned Chris Knott and got a pretty decent quote. £310 for a limited mileage policy on my Storm - I have 10 years NCB and I'm nearer 40 than 30 :( . Dealt with a lady called Kim who was most professional. I'll think about it over the weekend but may well switch from Esure (their quote is £293) - I can imagine Michael Winner muttering "Calm down dear".

£17 more expensive but hey I saved around £200 today phoning up Edf Energy and switching onto their cheaper online saver tariff from the standard dual fuel discount - it always pays to shop around 8) .

That's great on both counts! I'll pass on your comments to Kim. Many thanks.

What are you like with modified Corrados Tim? Apologies if this has been covered, didn't really fancy reading back over 2 years of posts.

If its helpful:

Male, 27, 6yrs NCB, clean license and a W10 postcode.

Thanks

What are you like with modified Corrados Tim? Apologies if this has been covered, didn't really fancy reading back over 2 years of posts.

If its helpful:

Male, 27, 6yrs NCB, clean license and a W10 postcode.

Thanks

No problem apart from roll cages/stripped out and nitrous.

Just phoned for a quote ...

I am 23 with 4 years no claims ...

I was told that because I am under 25 years of age, I am unable to insure my car fully comp!!

I inquired about 3rd party ... and I was quoted over £1000!!

What's gone wrong?! I thought this was supposed to be cheaper car insurance for Corrado owners?!!

Just phoned for a quote ...

I am 23 with 4 years no claims ...

I was told that because I am under 25 years of age, I am unable to insure my car fully comp!!

I inquired about 3rd party ... and I was quoted over £1000!!

What's gone wrong?! I thought this was supposed to be cheaper car insurance for Corrado owners?!!

It's more to do with the type of car. If it is the 2.8, then we would tend to look at over 25's.

I know you've already explained about why you don't insure N Ireland drivers but I just have to say that I don't think its fair :cry:

Took my insurance out with Adrian Flux in the end, a lot cheaper and in my opinion more efficient.

£800 fully comp! I am able to drive any car as third party (and I'm under 25), I have injury & windscreen cover, they offer a lost keys reward scheme, they protect any modification declared for a like for like ... Can't ask for much more.

Took my insurance out with Adrian Flux in the end, a lot cheaper and in my opinion more efficient.

That's because you didn't qualify for the scheme!

That's because you didn't qualify for the scheme!

I qualified for third party and even that was over £1000! ... I got fully comp for £800 with bonus's you don't even offer!!