Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

front mount intercoolers?

a nissan 200sx turbo has come into work for scrap. its got a pretty big nice lookin front mount on it, with some fancy lookin pipework. which all look in great condittion.

as long as i dont have to pay to much for it i was thinkin of havin it.

my question is will this fit on my G? i know it wont be a straight fit and will prob have to make some brackets to fix it to the car. is it just a case of tryin it to see if it will fit and does anyone know demensions for the maxium size intercooler you can fit?

cheers for any help.

Si

need to take some measurements :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

then try again. mine is 65mm deep and i didnt cut anything to make it fit.

i would stick to a slim inter cooler if you are running a G60,the bigger the cooler the more pressure drop you will have. I know G60 Rallye intercoolers and about the size of the radiator but there limited air flow due to the corrado bumper,unless you cut out the number plate recess?

i would stick to a slim inter cooler if you are running a G60,the bigger the cooler the more pressure drop you will have. I know G60 Rallye intercoolers and about the size of the radiator but there limited air flow due to the corrado bumper,unless you cut out the number plate recess?

agreed bigger isnt better, in this intstance.

mine fits perfectly behing the grill, so it isnt very big but no need to cut anything.

better if you can find one with inlet/outlet on the same side, i wish i would have done. ballache to plumb in if not.

inlet and outet are on different sides on this one.

the G already has a front mount on it, ive no idea make size or whatever but i do know its not the orgilinal one.

but yeah i was thinkin along the lines - bigger is better!

inlet and outet are on different sides on this one.

the G already has a front mount on it, ive no idea make size or whatever but i do know its not the orgilinal one.

but yeah i was thinkin along the lines - bigger is better!

yeah thats for boobs

i managed to get hold of this intercooler i know its been a while but hey,

it measures:

length - core - 60cm

- whole thing 70cm

height - 30cm

width - 8.5 cm

inlet and and oulet on opposite sides

does this sound like it might fit or is it gonna be to big?

if by width you mean depth. 85mm, i believe your gunna have to start chopping bits out sadly.

depends upon the endtanks for certainty though. but in my head it doesnt fit unless you mve the rad back (not challenging to do, but still may not get enough clearence).

pic or two may help a better judged call though.

just have to get your hands dirty to be certain.

yeah depth. the endtanks are tapered small at bottom the get larger towards the outlets.

not to worry, i just thought while its there i would have it.

the pipe work is all off, with various different samco hoses including step downs so think i will have these anyway just incase of future use.

mimjed, could you share what size the custom forge IC ur running and if it have both inlet and outlet on the battery side?

cheers

Yes, but im at work at the mo. Should be able to measure up tonight. Its 63mm deep and i believe the end tanks were 68mm.

sorry for the crude job but you get the picture. end tanks are infact 74 mm deep, tight on passenger side.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorrado4.jpg[/attachment:2mtsb3ww]

starting at the top and going down; 500, 165, 68, 63. hard to read i know.

corrado5.jpg[/attachment:2mtsb3ww]

this one ive got the outlets are on the side and not top or bottom. dont know how much of a difference that will make?

i know its only a pic but is does look a bit smaller than the one im on about.

will try and get a pic of it and stick it on, go from there.

cheers si.

Surely the bigger the cross sectional area, the less is the friction loss and pressure drop?

I recall Harra had a right beast of an intercooler which kept his inlet like a fridge!

the g60's dont seem to agree with a big intercooler, power just drops off.

plus unless your a chav and want to remove half your bumper to show it/get air to it its pretty pointless going bigger than the grill.

my boost pipes are always cold no matter haw far i drive so i have no compliants about mine.

this one ive got the outlets are on the side and not top or bottom. dont know how much of a difference that will make?

i know its only a pic but is does look a bit smaller than the one im on about.

will try and get a pic of it and stick it on, go from there.

cheers si.

its the size of them thats the problem dude. round hole, square peg situation.

from looking at mine today, you would have to do some chopping to get it in, if it would go at all.

pain to plumb in drivers side outlet too. even more so in your case i would assume. i had to sqaush some of my alloy pipes a bit and they were only 63mm.

just read the first post, i miss my 200sx. real good motor in my opinion.

i think flog it on egay to be honest.