Sign in to follow this  
Portent

Why a Corrado?

What colour is your rado mate, may have seen you about? Seen a Tornado red VR and a dragon/classic green that dont appear to be from here, unless of course one is you. But then you're a new member anyway :lol:

If you see a bordeaux VR that will be me, give us a :wave: :D

Personally I kinda fell in love with this car at a very young age - not knowing what car it was at the time - other then it was a VW.

I was sitting in my fathers car - must have been around 12-14, his car had just been serviced at a local VW shop and I think he actually was in paying the bill or something - I sat there in the car, when suddenly this "not seen before" car turned in and parked in front of me - I saw the back of it and I guess from that point I was hooked. But it was not until many years later I actually found out what car this was (The Corrado was never sold new in Norway due to prices/taxes - although 1 or 2 might have gone thru the "main dealership" here - as a kinda "import).

Even if it took many years I ended up with it - and hopefully will get it on the road a bit later this summer - luckily had the pleasure of driving it the rough 1000 miles from Stockholm, Sweden to Bergen, Norway :)

But for me it's mostly the look, and the handling - also it's not as common as most other cars. And just totaly hooked on the VR6 engine . which I'v had in my Passat for the last 5 years without any trouble ;)

What colour is your rado mate, may have seen you about? Seen a Tornado red VR and a dragon/classic green that dont appear to be from here, unless of course one is you. But then you're a new member anyway :lol:

It's Blue Pearl, mainly, :p 3 slat front with a 16v badge on it, and on 17"s,

I've seen the red VR going around Otley, you just twinged my memory there! It sounds pretty nice,

Personally I kinda fell in love with this car at a very young age - not knowing what car it was at the time - other then it was a VW.

But for me it's mostly the look, and the handling - also it's not as common as most other cars.

I think that's a very typical standard answer for the late 20s / early 30s guys and gals in the forum, I know cos I’m one of them. :)

There are many affordable coupes from that era such as Probe, Rover Coupe, Prelude, Celica, Calibra, 200SX etc, but I think the best looking of them all are the Corrado (German cool) and the Fiat Coupe (Italian flair).

I can’t really comment on how the C drives yet, cos I’ve only had 25 minutes test-drive experience, but I remember journalists raved about the Corrado for it being one of the best handling FWDs at the time. That plus a big powerplant for less than £3k to fulfill one of my teenage kicks, why not a Corrado? :D

It's Blue Pearl, mainly, :p 3 slat front with a 16v badge on it, and on 17"s,

I've seen the red VR going around Otley, you just twinged my memory there! It sounds pretty nice,[/quote:3af2u6rz]

Cool i'll keep an eye out! :D

there isnt many cars i would have over my VRT, number of reasons, Jim hit the nail on the head really...

golfs are boring :sleeping: my as well get a volvo if you want a comfy drive! corrados are for people who like their cars, who like driving their cars, and people who like driving in a damn site better looking car that you get nowadays

the new golfs (mk3 onwards) are boring yes, but i would rather go out for a hoon in my mk2 golf than my g60 corrado tbh. I would put the corrado in the comfy cruser category

its a wicked car though, don't get me wrong! after a year of replacing part after part on mine i think i'm finally on top of the jobs :cheers:

i dont know why the corrados are so appealing, maybe its just the pure looks of them plus the awsome power you get with them as well, plus it doesnt really break the bank buying or insurance wise.

also i think my missus is getting fed up of me talking about them now, plus the only picture i can see in my head is a corrado :clap: