rsgntx

New Home - DG Supercharged VR6 - SOLD

thanks for the photo! i raised the struts before dropping it off looks better when its dropped an inch! :D

Keeping standard CR then?

Dave at DG recommended not changing the compression as i am not going as far as you turbo guys with power! but would be really interested in your opinions on other upgrades like the cams with 263s or 268s? also having a water misting system fitted but did think about putting air cooling..? this is the first time i have looked at getting an engine uprated so any advice would be welcomed!

Keeping standard CR then?

Dave at DG recommended not changing the compression as i am not going as far as you turbo guys with power! but would be really interested in your opinions on other upgrades like the cams with 263s or 268s? also having a water misting system fitted but did think about putting air cooling..? this is the first time i have looked at getting an engine uprated so any advice would be welcomed!

well i had 263s and it was very smooth all the way thru the range and they're good for low revs unlike the 268s (or so i have heard). i had thought about maybe putting some ducting to blow air on the charger when on the move to keep it a bit cooler, but i dunno about that really. was only a silly thought and it probably wouldn't help much. the charger sits pretty near where the airbox is/was so it should already be getting good air flow?

kevhaywire tried various different inter/charge coolers and it didn't make much difference as the pressure drop was too severe.

A 6 branch manifold with larger bore exhaust would help. I may well have my 2.5" bore with de-cat up for sale soon.

Cheers for the response.. was looking at the exhaust manifolds yesterday, already got decat exhaust system on but manifold maybe next purchase then...

So the car will not be ready tomorrow... :( but we are going to make sure all is good!

so The Good, The Bad and The Ugly....

The Good! SC is in place and the injector spacers are here and they look sweet!!! :shades:

SCinplace.jpgInjectorspacers.jpgInjectorspacercloseup.jpg

The Bad! The dead bearing on the idler pulley! came with the SC... :( new one ordered :)

Pulleyknackeredbearing.jpg

The Ugly Oil feed into a sump we are not doing! getting one welded in properly! :)

Jimscleansump.jpgOilsump.jpgSumphole.jpg

OK can't finish on that so look at this nice touch from DG!! :shades: just to sit the misting pump on!!!!! love it!!

MistingDGsupport.jpgDGSupport.jpg

coming together very nicely, surprised to read that the CR was not lowered though :? , it was the best time to do it and if you ever decide to up the psi on the charger you will have to do it, just seems strange to me that when it was all apart it was not done??

not saying that dave and graham gave it good consideration when they were doing the install, as they have not missed anything and done a great job.

coming together very nicely, surprised to read that the CR was not lowered though :? , it was the best time to do it and if you ever decide to up the psi on the charger you will have to do it, just seems strange to me that when it was all apart it was not done??

not saying that dave and graham gave it good consideration when they were doing the install, as they have not missed anything and done a great job.

I asked Dave up front whether we would be lowering the CR and he asked me how far i want to go with power, based on his thought that if i was looking for much more than 300 hp i should consider turbo. my response was that i wanted it drivable for everyday and liked the idea of SC as it was what VW were into at the time the car was originally built. I felt that 300hp would be good for me! thats when they recommended staying with standard CR feeling it would be better lower down! i follow their advice.... i'm happy they got me covered! :salute:

I was told the CR didnt need touching unless you went to the 10 psi pulley but there was no point anyway as the belt always slips at that level.

I was told the CR didnt need touching unless you went to the 10 psi pulley but there was no point anyway as the belt always slips at that level.

One of Dave's points was going to far with the SC will make it the same as highend turbo.....always needs something doing! low end turbo would be better!! Dave's car is a great example. went out with him in his and it is very nice very driveable smooth, not that edgey raw brute force! i have not got the mechanical talent to keep a car like that on the road! hats off to those that have!

One of Dave's points was going to far with the SC will make it the same as highend turbo.....always needs something doing! low end turbo would be better!! Dave's car is a great example. went out with him in his and it is very nice very driveable smooth, not that edgey raw brute force! i have not got the mechanical talent to keep a car like that on the road! hats off to those that have!

Tis fun Daves VRT ring taxi

Tis fun Daves VRT ring taxi

best taxi out there! :lol: think its almost any excuse to drive it ...or he's just a nice guy!

So Dave posted this teasing picture on another thread! Taken from a distance you can see a shiny inlet manifold :shades: the give away is the reflection on the top left of the bonnet!! :grin:

Davespicture.jpg

Looking really good mate. Must be super excited to get it back :)

I have to set up my water injection kit this week (went for the DevilsOwn kit) Not looking forward to faffing with all the wiring etc! Do you know where your pump is being located?

Looking really good mate. Must be super excited to get it back :)

I have to set up my water injection kit this week (went for the DevilsOwn kit) Not looking forward to faffing with all the wiring etc! Do you know where your pump is being located?

i have been itching to get the car back! :nuts:

will take a look at your system as i had not come across it.. I will get a pic posted of the location for you!

300bhp is plenty from a SC! It transforms the way the car pulls. After 3500rpm, its an animal, before that it's fairly standard.

Loving all the shiny bits...that's one thing I wish I had the time to do to mine. When it's not my daily then maybe!!

Good luck with the rest of the install, hope there aren't any surprises!

It's shinny alright :grin: looks promising. Hope it turns out as you expect. When do you think you'll get it back?

I hope i don't get any surprises!!

picking it up on friday! trying to patiently wait, it will help that i am away on business! italy today and back on friday and straight down to DG!!! :grin:

looking really good - can't wait to see the outcome! :D

you're in safe hands with DG

btw, you don't want to sell your numberplate by any chance do you?!?

looking really good - can't wait to see the outcome! :D

you're in safe hands with DG

btw, you don't want to sell your numberplate by any chance do you?!?

Pete thanks I think DG deserve the respect they get too!

The reg well when I bought the car I would have change it for something with a closer link to me..but I have become fond of it. Now I got it supercharged it is thinly linked My Supercharged VW Corrado, yeah I know very thin... but it is the link for the car to the 5th gear review so who am I to take it off... So I apologies for the long winded way to say no thanks the reg is staying. :)

I need to see this rado one day... amazing stuff fella. Really really nice!

I bet you can hardly sleep waiting to pick her up!

Thanks Abdul

The good news is I have spoken to Dave and I am picking the car up tomorrow! :D

Thanks Abdul

The good news is I have spoken to Dave and I am picking the car up tomorrow! :D

:clap: