Sign in to follow this  
jma

Engine Misfiring/running lumpy

Hi

I seem to have a problem, when I start the car it seems to be running lumpy/misfiring. What should I be doing to to diagnose the problem? your help is apperciated.

Lumpy misfiring when warming up usually indicates weak fuelling. Check / replace the blue temp sensor and go from there. Also clean out the idle valve in case it's sticking open.

Lumpy misfiring when warming up usually indicates weak fuelling. Check / replace the blue temp sensor and go from there. Also clean out the idle valve in case it's sticking open.

Where is the blue temp sensor and idle valve?

Blue temp sensor is in the thermostat housing on the front right hand side of the engine, idle valve is the round thing plumbed in near the throttle body.

Blue temp sensor is in the thermostat housing on the front right hand side of the engine, idle valve is the round thing plumbed in near the throttle body.

Can I change the blue temp sensor or do I need to take it to the mechanic? and how would I cleam the idle valve?

Cheers