raddo_tom

Onboard mini cameras. Cheap and awesome!

DSC01743.jpg

DSC01741.jpg

thats how i fitted mine, but found it a bit low. But it also clips on front grill from under bonnet, inside slam panel

Ordered a couple of these last week, is there really that much difference in them all?

What are people doing to try and stop the windnoise?

well i got an email back about the #4 one i recieved, he said it was same but slightly different, i repllay with email saying he miss-sold the wrong one, its the one with yellow time stamp on bottom right you want, its best quality and frame rate. the orange time stamp one is crap.

well i got an email back about the #4 one i recieved, he said it was same but slightly different, i repllay with email saying he miss-sold the wrong one, its the one with yellow time stamp on bottom right you want, its best quality and frame rate. the orange time stamp one is crap.

Yeah I got the same reply, saying it's the same camera just different software or something and he said he'll send me an update for it :? I guess I'll just wait and see!

Yeah I got the same reply, saying it's the same camera just different software or something and he said he'll send me an update for it :? I guess I'll just wait and see!

i got the update, its not an update, its a driver so u can use it as a webcam? and even that doesn't work? if u give me your email addy ill forward it to you. i sent a reply back saying its not good enough and he miss-sold me the wrong one, either way ill get the one i want.

i got the update, its not an update, its a driver so u can use it as a webcam? and even that doesn't work? if u give me your email addy ill forward it to you. i sent a reply back saying its not good enough and he miss-sold me the wrong one, either way ill get the one i want.[/quote:1dxz2f7d]

What advert did you buy it from? I can't see how it was missold? The camera might be different to the ones other people recieved but it meets the advert.

At the end of the day, it was £8, from Hong Kong, I was surprised mine even turned up, let alone worked.

The pixels are different meaning different quality, but as you say, only 8 quid, just wished i got yellow time one. I got it from link in the first post in the link on that other forum.

* update *

I have just recieved an email with a file in it that i uploaded onto my #4 camera and its made an improvement, its smoother and sharper so im happy now. Made a video, uploading it to Youtube now. Taking ages!

here is the video of my #4 camera, the first half is the camera before the update, then half way is after the update, ignore the writing in the middle, its coz i used a free version of an editor.

[youtube:2nlqv0pn]8NYdvTCsvbk[/youtube:2nlqv0pn]

here is an update for anyone who has got the #4 camera with the orange time in bottom right, i gave the seller neatural feedback saying 'not as described but good customer service to help'. he messaged me and basically said if i remove the feedback he'll do anything to make me happy, so he's sent me another and all i had to pay was £2.40 postage for it from china to me, and i'm getting the better one with the yellow time in bottom right!

what memory cards are people using are micro sd the same size as a micro sdhc card and whats the difference ??

Cheers

Jon

Just some 4Gb cards that were cheap in Tesco, think they're class 4.

SD and SDHC are essentially the same. SD was only designed to take up to 2Gb or something, SDHC (High Capacity) is the name given to any cards with larger capacity than 2Gb.

Just some 4Gb cards that were cheap in Tesco, think they're class 4.

SD and SDHC are essentially the same. SD was only designed to take up to 2Gb or something, SDHC (High Capacity) is the name given to any cards with larger capacity than 2Gb.

Ah cheers toad

two new videos now i have the #3 camera...

[youtube:326j5ils]

[/youtube:326j5ils]

[youtube:326j5ils]

[/youtube:326j5ils]

I discovered last night that these cameras aren't very water proof :lol:

I went go-karting with work on an outside track in the pissing down rain (Whilton Mill, twin engine 60mph karts! Awesome fun with slick tyres in the rain :lol:), duct-taped the camera to my helmet and to start with the quality was brilliant, just the angle I put the camera on the helmet wasn't great so was looking at the front of my kart/my feet the whole time :lol: however towards the end of the session the sound had gone and the quality was a bit ropey! :( so will be ordering another one I think and hopefully this time I get the proper #3 version with yellow date stamp! Then just need to organise another go-karting trip in the dry :cheers:

Ordered 2 10 days ago. They arrived today. Just playing now. I bought 2 x class 10 8GB cards for €12 on Ebay.

Looking good so far.

Very useful, looks like i'll have to have a bit of a fiddle to get the power button to work - i think there was a fix on that site for my cameras symptoms, it charges but then the on/off button doesn't function.

As for the other one, it works nicely, not tried it on the car/bike yet but if its dry on Friday i'll be strapping it to the bike for my daily commute :norty:

Hi all,

Bit of a thread resurection but i'd really like to change the date and time on this camera i have, it's the yellow date/time version. I really dont understand what a txt tag file is or how to even get to that state can anyone help please? promise to return the favor with a good video of me looking terrible tomorrow after the race lol :)

Kip

I found this site... http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.shtml. Scroll down a bit to the 'Table of Contents'. 16 lines down the first column is 'how to set date and time' link. Took me a few goes but it works eventually. That's after I figured out which model I had. I think there is a wildcard program that will do all of them. Have fun!! Neil