Sign in to follow this  
lil b

small oil weep from head gasket

alas when i thought all was fine i notice my 8v is weeping a little oil from the right corner of the head near the dizzi cap ... its not major leak (looks like ive spilt a little oil wen topping up) ..

i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? will it be ok if i leave it if i keep my eye on my oil level ??

i no the vr6's do weep at the left corner of the block ....

any help would be really helpfull

thanks bexs

maybe the cam/distrabuter end seal ? :shrug:

i know 16v's are bad for weaping there

good luck hope you get it sorted - jack

is it under or around the dizzy if so you need a new seal couple of quid from the dealer

but will need timeing done after !

Sounds more like the rocker / valve cover.. not the head gasket.

Not an uncommon problem at all.. and not expensive or time consuming to fix. It's just a question of a new gasket and a few hours undoing bits and putting them back again :)

maybe the cam/distrabuter end seal ? :shrug:

i know 16v's are bad for weaping there

good luck hope you get it sorted - jack

I've got this problem but if its coming from the corner of the rocker cover then it's as Jim said, its easy to replace but a bit time consuming removing the manifolds

It's not too bad on the 16v to be honest mate.. did mine with the help of Supercharged back in the summer before a show, and used it as a chance to fit nicely cleaned / sandblasted upper and lower inlet manifolds and a new rocker cover. Took a few hours tops and really isn't that many bolts, etc to remove :) The only fart is getting the lower part of the manifold up if you're not removing the injectors! With all the fuel lines connected, you don't have a lot of room to play with.

ive just had my valve gasket replaced its deff coming from the left corner were thr cylinder meets the block im 100% sure.. sorry just realised in my first post i put head .. but i mean were the head gasket is