Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

HIC Insurance

Has anyone recently renewed their policy with HIC. My first year with them is coming to an end at the end of this month and they've just requoted me - nothing changing bar some after market lights on the rear. The price is no different in fact its slightly more!!! :bad-words:

I wouldnt mind if i'd crashed or something but i havent and even have an extra years NCB!

Insurance = bollocks. Whichever way you look at it.

That said, I insured the VR with Chris Knott this year... they beat everyone else on price, including HIC.

Insurance = bollocks. Whichever way you look at it.

That said, I insured the VR with Chris Knott this year... they beat everyone else on price, including HIC.

I'll give Chris Knott a ring. Im really annoyed!

Try Brentacre too!

HIC do it every year to people, i haven't seen one person whos premium has gone down when they get the renewal through, they just expect people to pay it there and then.

They're all arseholes.

Try Brentacre too!

HIC do it every year to people, i haven't seen one person whos premium has gone down when they get the renewal through, they just expect people to pay it there and then.

They're all arseholes.

Will do!

The thing is i was trying to avoid paying a deposit! :lol:

HIC are always a bit funny when renewing. They always seem to quote high. I onlt stayed with them on the Golf as they gave me a decent quote.

Brentace for the Raddo.

Infact i'll be moving house in the next month or 2 so i'll get insurance from there. Though i know you need car registered to that address, does this cost to get V5 changed and do i have to wait til its changed before getting insured at new property?

It's because HIC charge a £25 fee for renewing.....even though, they've already got all your details!! Go figure :lol:

It's because HIC charge a £25 fee for renewing.....even though, they've already got all your details!! Go figure :lol:

But still, its £9 a month more and im paying it over 12 months instead of 10 - im paying more and over a longer term :lol: :shrug:

Can anyone confirm my last comment regarding V5?

Updating your address on the V5 is free mate. You just update the address and stick it in the post.

Updating your address on the V5 is free mate. You just update the address and stick it in the post.

Ah right cool, Cheers Jim. Can i get the car insured at that address before the car address is registered or can the insurance company check where the car is registered - only got a couple of week before insurance is due thats all.

Yep. They don't check where the car is registered too I don't think.. I still had my red Corrado registered to my parents old address, and then when I finally did get it changed, I moved house again but was insuring it at the new property fine :)

Yep. They don't check where the car is registered too I don't think.. I still had my red Corrado registered to my parents old address, and then when I finally did get it changed, I moved house again but was insuring it at the new property fine :)

Ah sweet, Cheers bud!

Im gonna spend an exciting evening ringing insurers then... :lol: lucky me!

It's soul destroying isn't it.

Ring one company. Here are all my modifications. We'll see what we can do. Oh, £900... thanks. Phone second insurer. First insurer said £900. Reel off list of mods. Oh, we can do it for £850. Phone first insurer again. Ah - we'll come down to £820 then.

And on it goes!!!

It's soul destroying isn't it.

Ring one company. Here are all my modifications. We'll see what we can do. Oh, £900... thanks. Phone second insurer. First insurer said £900. Reel off list of mods. Oh, we can do it for £850. Phone first insurer again. Ah - we'll come down to £820 then.

And on it goes!!!

Yeah thats the plan. Im going to just play them off each other and see how low they will go!

Got the VR down to £449... was sick of ringing around so called it quits at that point and took out the policy.

Got the VR down to £449... was sick of ringing around so called it quits at that point and took out the policy.

Who did you go with in the end?

Chris Knott.. the guy on the phone was helpful and always called back when he said he would. That counts for a lot!

Chris Knott.. the guy on the phone was helpful and always called back when he said he would. That counts for a lot!

We've insured both our cars with Brentacre now, more so because of the good service as opposed to the good price (although the price was good too!).

i have my corrado with them and also the runaround fiat i had was insured through them, and when renewal came they had doubled the price of the fiat insurance from £230 to £460 ish.. :cuckoo:

i just got rid of the car

:wave: HIC have knocked £150 off my renewal price this year, was £560 with 2 yrs NCB last year, renewal cam up end of Feb, I did some hunting on the comparison sites, as I was expecting the same price this year,if not more expensive, but when the renewal price came through from HIC it beat all of the insurers on Confused anyway, by about £20!

This year £410, fully comp, agreed valuation, all the trimmings...

Guess I was one of the lucky ones??

My HIC renewal is more than last year too :gag: Going to phone around tomorrow methinks