VR-Sixy

Replacement Beesting Aerial Base

Finally found a reliable source to get a replacement Beesting Aerial Base for my Rado. I think the one i have on it at the moment is from a VW Polo and the reception is absolute pants.

I noticed on the display picture that there's a a red second wire coming from the aerial base - presume this is

the 'amplified / powered' part of the base. it looks like this......

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/941/corradobase.jpg

Anyone know where this wire goes?? :confused4:

Ta in advance!! :salute:

Finally found a reliable source to get a replacement Beesting Aerial Base for my Rado. I think the one i have on it at the moment is from a VW Polo and the reception is absolute pants.

I noticed on the display picture that there's a a red second wire coming from the aerial base - presume this is

the 'amplified / powered' part of the base. it looks like this......

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/941/corradobase.jpg

Anyone know where this wire goes?? :confused4:

Ta in advance!! :salute:

Bump........

I believe the early Corrado's had an amplified base(mine has)and the later ones had the amplifier behind the head unit

I believe the early Corrado's had an amplified base(mine has)and the later ones had the amplifier behind the head unit
Hmmm, OK. I know the red lead isn't connected to anything, and this is what's probably causing the pants reception. I'll get it looked at.

Appreciate the heads up!!

Cheers

---------- Post added at 8:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:29 AM ----------

Hmmm, OK. I know the red lead isn't connected to anything, and this is what's probably causing the pants reception. I'll get it looked at.

Appreciate the heads up!!

Cheers

Hmmm, thinking about, mine's a late Corrado.... a '94.

Sounds like your base is amplified, needs a switched live from your stereo to make it work as it should or change the base for a non-amplified one.

Sounds like your base is amplified, needs a switched live from your stereo to make it work as it should or change the base for a non-amplified one.
I'm going to have a good gander at it this weekend so i know exactly what i have and haven't got. I know there's a wire which isn't connected at the moment, but i honestly don't know if my aerial is amplified or non.

I know of a company in Hersham that'll do the honours - a booster box for about GBp130.00 and GBP15.00 + VAT to put everything together.

Hopefully, that should do the trick after that. :cool:

Try connecting the loose wire on your aerial base to a 12v source before buying a new base. The amplified base won't give any sort of decent reception at all if it is not powered! Your base could be functioning perfectly.....so replacing it with another amplified base (like in the Ebay link) won't really get you anywhere, as it will still require a 12v feed. ;-)

Either that, or buy a non-amplified replacement. Like this one from the same Ebay supplier: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoleads-Rear-Roof-Mount-Car-Radio-Aerial-RMA869-Great-VW-Seat-Audi-/280776037487?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item415f8e546f

Try connecting the loose wire on your aerial base to a 12v source before buying a new base. The amplified base won't give any sort of decent reception at all if it is not powered! Your base could be functioning perfectly.....so replacing it with another amplified base (like in the Ebay link) won't really get you anywhere, as it will still require a 12v feed. ;-)

Either that, or buy a non-amplified replacement. Like this one from the same Ebay supplier: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoleads-Rear-Roof-Mount-Car-Radio-Aerial-RMA869-Great-VW-Seat-Audi-/280776037487?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item415f8e546f

Thanks for this Dec. I'm going to be having a good old nosey around over the weekend to see what's what as i can't honestly remember what's concealed by the headlining!!

Appreciate the other link - well spotted!! Cheers :thumbleft: