C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

Few jobs there for the winter nights.

How much did the headlight lenses rush you ?

think 35 each...

Some nice collection of corrado goodness there :) That sticker link is really useful to know too

Well started back on my classic car course at college now so have access to ramps,air tools,welders,spray booth just about everything you`d need...

So took the wing mirrors off to prep and paint, also fitted sunroof seal and painted the sunroof wind deflector.

Front end rebuild next and painting new grill and bumper then fitting all new lights..

DSCF8362.jpg

DSCF8361.jpg

DSCF8363.jpg

Wing mirrors came of OK then? Not too much swearing or rounding of heads??

Wing mirrors came of OK then? Not too much swearing or rounding of heads??

had to take the door panel off but other than that no problems, gives me a chance to fit the window runners and clean/paint the door cards as well..

ordered new mirror gaskets as well..

think 35 each...[/quote:qkc8nzp1]

Where did you get them from?

think 35 each...

Where did you get them from?[/quote:2pgp8i9b]

still available at the dealer...

where did you get the sunroof seal from dude?

Might seem daft but how did you fit the new sunroof seal?

I tried doing this to my old Mk3 Golf a few years ago and didn't get very far :(

Ended up taking it to the local dealer and they did it...

I tried doing this to my old Mk3 Golf a few years ago and didn't get very far :(

Put the sunroof onto tilt and pushed the interior panel back towards the roof lining.

There are 4 torque headed screws that hold the metal roof panel to the runners.(These can be adjusted front to back and height)

Undo those and carefully lift the roof out.

Remove the seal clean the edge and apply small amount of grease to help with fitment and also improve the water resistance.

I put the panel face down on 2 cushions and tapped the seal into place with a hammer.

Place the roof back into place and nip up the screws then carefully lower the tilt and you maybe have to adjust the position for it to sit perfect.

Once the panel was flat i did any final height adjustments,.

I will take it all out again and do a How to guide with pictures but just wanted to get it in before the weather turned.

thanks andy

Put the sunroof onto tilt and pushed the interior panel back towards the roof lining.

There are 4 torque headed screws that hold the metal roof panel to the runners.(These can be adjusted front to back and height)

Undo those and carefully lift the roof out.

Remove the seal clean the edge and apply small amount of grease to help with fitment and also improve the water resistance.

I put the panel face down on 2 cushions and tapped the seal into place with a hammer.

Place the roof back into place and nip up the screws then carefully lower the tilt and you maybe have to adjust the position for it to sit perfect.

Once the panel was flat i did any final height adjustments,.

I will take it all out again and do a How to guide with pictures but just wanted to get it in before the weather turned.

thanks andy

Dont think you'd need to remove it to do a how to, what you've just said makes perfect sense...maybe do a how to on handing over the large amounts of cash required to purchase one of these seals from vw :shock: ....i'm certainly not looking forward to it :mad2: ....some things just arent valued accordingly at all.. :cuckoo:

Thanks, it was more the seal itself.

I couldn't get it on for the life in me, not sure if the seal on the golf is different to corrado as its a glass sunroof :confused4:

Think its something i might have a go at this winter as my golf is now tucked up in the garage! :D

Had to rub the wing mirrors back after my first attempt painting wasn`t the best so oh well practise and all that..!!!

Screwed them to some wood to help the job and warm place to dry before laquer..

Door cards cleaned and leather color balm and must say look mint considering the 170k of use..!!

DSCF8381.jpg

DSCF8378.jpg

DSCF8377.jpg

you painted your mirrors next to the pan! your wife/gf/partner/parents must love you :p

:D painted them ouside then put them in the toilet out of the way of the kids then upstairs in the airing cupboard...!!!

my wife is used to me by now..!! 8)

Think im gonna have a go at my mirrors and any chance you can give me a link to where you got tje colour balm for the leather i have exactly the same doorcard colour and finding it hard to clean it up

Cars lovely my the way had a look at this i think at the ccgb meet

Think im gonna have a go at my mirrors and any chance you can give me a link to where you got tje colour balm for the leather i have exactly the same doorcard colour and finding it hard to clean it up

Cars lovely my the way had a look at this i think at the ccgb meet

furniture clinic for the color balm, used there ultra cleaner first though with a nail brush.