C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

You're not alone. A low mileage blue storm popped up near me recently for handy money and I nearly dived in.

How bad's the subframe ? I Need one [and wishbones] if it's fit for a refurb, should you wish to relinquish ownership ???

Excellent - wonderful to hear another Storm has been saved by someone who's clearly madly enthusiastic (if a little up and down) about the Corrado! I eagerly await pictures!

Watch this space, just bought another storm to have the matching pair...OMG what have i done..!!

Have you bought by any chance John A's Blue Storm??????

Well just had a call from the owner of the other storm and he`s been offered more and taking that..even though we`d agreed i`d pick it up tomorrow....

You'd have kicked yourself if you hadn't gone for it but you can't really blame him for taking a better offer i'm sure you would in the same position. I think one is enough for anyone if you want to retain your sanity. Look at all those on here with 2 or more Corrados, they are certified crackpots

Well just had a call from the owner of the other storm and he`s been offered more and taking that..even though we`d agreed i`d pick it up tomorrow....

I'd be livid! a deal's a deal simple as, if he thought it was too cheap why agree to sell it to you? Bloody time waster :(

I'd be livid! a deal's a deal simple as, if he thought it was too cheap why agree to sell it to you? Bloody time waster :(

tbh wasn`t too happy but wasnt prepared to get involved with paying more.. the other guy is buying blind..funny when he actually see its..

Lots of storms still about! I can understand you wanting to get a blue storm though. They are much faster. :-)

Lots of storms still about!

Is it that percentage wise there are lots of Storms about. Or that because when one pops up for sale it's a case of "ooooh a Storm" and thus drowning out all other offerings ?

A friend of mine who is involved with TIPEC (Porsche owners club) once quoted me a percentage figure of 911s built vs currently still in use. It seemed quite high, but then again I have no info on other performance marques to base it against.

In a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is "I wonder what percentage of Storms (or Corrados in general for that matter) are left".

There's always two or three being broken at any given moment, so where are we at this juncture in time ? and how do we find this info out ???

Answers on the back of a postcard or sealed down envelope to

Jim'll fix it

"Storm chasers competition"

PO Box 500

Vagland

Earth

Spent a few more hours on the paint this week, after all the work at the bodyshop it needs fully detailing again and to build back up the depth of shine i got it too last year..

Tank straps,bonnet stay and few bits next to powder coat then new discs all round and back to the rs`s then..!!

DSCF9342.jpg

DSCF9331.jpg

DSCF9330.jpg

Looking great mate.

Was gonna have my tank straps powder coated too but they cleaned up better than I thought so just sprayed them satin black and they look good enough for me. Those seat covers are a must too. Where can I get hold of a set?

yeah same place in hyde for the respray, seat covers from ebay but they`ve ripped so looking for some more

will phone them as soon as i get my car back, wonder what they will charge to respray two front arches

will phone them as soon as i get my car back, wonder what they will charge to respray two front arches

bonnet and two front wings be about 350

You'd have kicked yourself if you hadn't gone for it but you can't really blame him for taking a better offer i'm sure you would in the same position. I think one is enough for anyone if you want to retain your sanity. Look at all those on here with 2 or more Corrados, they are certified crackpots

Cuckoo..

Well started the rear brakes and to be fair everything has gone wrong..!! was only going to clean the calipers and fit new discs but as we all know with corrados that is never enough..

So new discs/abs rotors/bearings/dust shields ect.. anyhow its nearly done just bleed the brakes and clear the abs sensor light after having to replace one/...

Overall looks ok but i`m never fully happy, would of rather bought new brakes but trying to be sensible with funds..

DSCF9512.jpg

DSCF9546.jpg

DSCF9547.jpg

DSCF9548.jpg

I don't think thats what they meant when they said the brakes will work better when they are warm

I don't think thats what they meant when they said the brakes will work better when they are warm

Ha Ha Ha! Andy you are bonkers! :)