C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

Andy - In terms of gathering interest for the car etc, I think it would be worth putting together a rundown again as to what the car now is.. There have been so many recent changes, I'm not sure what wheels or interior it currently has! Did the Recaros go in? Is it staying on solitudes?

I'm guessing you're not wanting to fully advertise it for some reason, but it would be interesting to know the basics..

Cheers

Baz

Andy - In terms of gathering interest for the car etc, I think it would be worth putting together a rundown again as to what the car now is.. There have been so many recent changes, I'm not sure what wheels or interior it currently has! Did the Recaros go in? Is it staying on solitudes?

I'm guessing you're not wanting to fully advertise it for some reason, but it would be interesting to know the basics..

Cheers

Baz

Its as you see it mate, recaros /solitudes / ect.

Just want to sell the car mate,already had pm`s asking why ect and didn't want the hassle of explaining a dozen times what i`m doing.

Ive tried advertising it with every detail then just basic stuff to entice people to call...had people on email accusing me the mileage is not 170k and must be 70k...lol

Think it`s going to end up with the situation of using it as much as i can and if someone comes along with the pound notes it can go...

As you can see still love working on the car but could do with the money like most at the moment.

It should be at Ultimate dubs in the for sale section then mainly on club stands for the remainder of the year.

---------- Post added at 6:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:09 PM ----------

Ha ha ha ha.... this car hates me... sunroof just snapped on passenger side...!!!

Liking those dealer plates alot! Will look good at shows with those on.

Which days you doing UD? We are travelling across from Preston on the Sunday morning so i'll come have a nosey at your car.

Sorted the sunroof out,bought a mk3 golf one from a 96 highline only difference being not attachments to connect the interior centre panel so that it raises when you tilt the roof... doesn't bother me as these always rattle or as in mine had broken so will use velcro to attach the cloth panel to the metal one.

DSCF2521.jpg

On a side note used this plus gas stuff on my top mount on the people carrier and wow really worked well..

DSCF2522.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Sorted the sunroof out,bought a mk3 golf one from a 96 highline only difference being not having the attachments to connect the interior centre panel so that it raises when you tilt the roof... doesn't bother me as these always rattle or as in mine had broken so will use velcro to attach the cloth panel to the metal one.

DSCF2521.jpg

On a side note used this plus gas stuff on my top mount on the people carrier and wow really worked well..

DSCF2522.jpg

Andy have you used the glass part of the sunroof or changed it to the tin top?

stuck with the metal mate

stuck with the metal mate

was it easy to swap the glass for the tin top?

I bought a passat moonroof and he courier bloody broke it! they snaped a tiny bit off that holds a metal spring in place and stops the glass moving :(

was it easy to swap the glass for the tin top?

I bought a passat moonroof and he courier bloody broke it! they snaped a tiny bit off that holds a metal spring in place and stops the glass moving :(

4 screws mate just have to set the height of the panel

Finally wired the seats in and added the side panels, rude not to have a nice reflection shot of the recaro.....

DSCF2523.jpg

Velcro pads, fluffy side ones fitted.

Anti-squeek film tape protection pads. Still to finish off with more neatly shaped ones now the prototype shapes are known. Got too cold last week in the garage to do the final cut ones.

When they both contact, the cover rotates into a level position as shown. But no damage to the paintwork on the underside of the bonnet.

Moved the wiper loom a little by re-curving it as front left corner of the cover was causing a foul.

The cover itself... nothing other than to remove the silly foam strips VW supplier had put on.

---------- Post added at 1:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:16 PM ----------

Passat part - 3A2 955 128, £7.49 + VAT.

Getting one ordered today, Been after one for an age now as thought obsolete and they are listed on ebay for £20-30 the cheeky barstewards!!!

some nice little updates matey, been thinking about the cover on the wiper. has to be removeable though for me lol!

some nice little updates matey, been thinking about the cover on the wiper. has to be removeable though for me lol!

Yeah it tidy`s up the motor but easy to remove, headlining getting redone and should be ready this week..

If I have no interest in the car on sunday i`ll start pulling wishbones off ect as i`ve got all the stuff ready and waiting

Keep having bad thoughts of buying my rs`s back...!!!! don't tell the wife...or bank manager...lol

Every day a school day.....sunroof leaking...!!!! only to realise the interior panel thats being re-trimmed has a water channel built into it and thats why its leaking....lol

Picked the headlining up yesterday and it was the wrong colour...!!! got it back today and colour great but not happy with the finish on the sunroof panel..!!! oh well its back in now and what a hateful job,never want to even look at the stupid thing AGAIN.....lmfao....as well as ultimate dubs having no cars for sale area the first time in 5 years..!!!!!

On a positive nearly 100,000 views on this thread...

Every day a school day.....sunroof leaking...!!!! only to realise the interior panel thats being re-trimmed has a water channel built into it and thats why its leaking....lol

Yep !

I did the same thing, but with added cleaning out of al the drain holes,

Then I realised !

DOH

Well all dressed up and no-where to go...!!! not taking it to ultimate dubs just to park in the car park..!!!

DSCF2586-1.jpg

DSCF2587.jpg

DSCF2591.jpg

DSCF2593.jpg

As good as new Andy. Everytime I check in on your updates, the attention to detail bar gets raised one notch higher. I'll need an oxygen pack if it goes any higher.

Well done.

On a side note. Could you not display your car with a discreet sale card on show ?

Just a thought.

Edited by James.

As good as new Andy. Everytime I check in on your updates, the attention to detail bar gets raised one notch higher. I'll need an oxygen pack if it goes any higher.

Well done.

On a side note. Could you not display your car with a discreet sale card on show ?

Just a thought.

Yeah mate could do that but sounds daft I don't fancy parking in the main car park risking damage...