C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

As much as I want to keep my car as OE and in fine fettle as possible. I refuse to be bent over and given six of the financial best by the VAG parts department. This part is on my radar to sort out in a similar way. Good to see it came out so well.

What have the small rubber seals come out like (or have you removed them) ?

Someone suggested to me wiping over the rubbers with a small amount of black silicone to "refresh" their look. Might give it a whirl.

Mine had gone past the point of being able to treat an add color with any products...i`ve tried everything..!!!

Trimmed and sanded the rubber edge,but only trimmed a mm just to tidy the line up really... this was the first stage before shelling out £120 for new ones and to be honest its well worth ten pounds in paint and an hour of your time..[/quote:p3xhrvnb]

From the initial images I have to agree. The finish looks really good. Did you manage to source a battery?

As much as I want to keep my car as OE and in fine fettle as possible. I refuse to be bent over and given six of the financial best by the VAG parts department. This part is on my radar to sort out in a similar way. Good to see it came out so well.

What have the small rubber seals come out like (or have you removed them) ?

Someone suggested to me wiping over the rubbers with a small amount of black silicone to "refresh" their look. Might give it a whirl.

Mine had gone past the point of being able to treat an add color with any products...i`ve tried everything..!!!

Trimmed and sanded the rubber edge,but only trimmed a mm just to tidy the line up really... this was the first stage before shelling out £120 for new ones and to be honest its well worth ten pounds in paint and an hour of your time..[/quote:1ibva43t]

From the initial images I have to agree. The finish looks really good. Did you manage to source a battery?[/quote:1ibva43t]

No still working with mine, its great if i run the car evert few days.. looking into the 0.1amp current draw at the moment.

If you intend to 'rest' the car over the winter I would recommend you get yourself an Airflow battery conditioner.

Assuming you have a power source to plug it into.

If you intend to 'rest' the car over the winter I would recommend you get yourself an Airflow battery conditioner.

Assuming you have a power source to plug it into.

the car lives outside but may fit an outside socket for winter..

Fitted new header tank and bit more bay cleaning.. new warning sticker fitted on rad cover..

Applicationforschoolclothinggrant007.jpg

Applicationforschoolclothinggrant005.jpg

Applicationforschoolclothinggrant014.jpg

Applicationforschoolclothinggrant009.jpg

Applicationforschoolclothinggrant008.jpg

Applicationforschoolclothinggrant013.jpg

be careful driving it at the moment with the Volcano dust in the atmosphere its very dangerous for aircraft and your car is currently much higher than most aircraft ever reach :shock:

ha ha ha brilliant!!!!!

sensible drop & all will be mint!!!!! ;)

Looks great under the hood. May I ask if the manifold is painted or shot blasted ? If so how was it achieved ? Also any tips on getting the bay clean ?

As you can tell it's one of the next "big jobs"

All the best, James

Looks great under the hood. May I ask if the manifold is painted or shot blasted ? If so how was it achieved ? Also any tips on getting the bay clean ?

All the best, James

Cheated on the manifold just for this year and painted the front part and then used wire wool to fade it back to give a clean but not perfect finish...yes my name is andrew and i have OCD..!!!

Used autosmart g101 degreaser mixed in a bucket and various brushes and a hose pipe, have gone over it a few times and dressed it with ultra trim.

Will take most of the front end apart over winter and restore/replace what needs improving.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

looking good mate 8)

which battery cover do you have?

Both oem corrado ones and the parts number on one of the previous pages and still available from vw.

All the best, James

Cheated on the manifold just for this year and painted the front part and then used wire wool to fade it back to give a clean but not perfect finish...yes my name is andrew and i have OCD..!!!

Used autosmart g101 degreaser mixed in a bucket and various brushes and a hose pipe, have gone over it a few times and dressed it with ultra trim.

Will take most of the front end apart over winter and restore/replace what needs improving.

Thanks for the positive feedback.[/quote:23iiu4uk]

You're very welcome Andy. I'll be keeping an eye on you're work if you don't mind and may tap you up for more information along the way.

Thought you may like to know that I bought a Varta battery from Thompsons of Macclesfield (ebay) this week for a keen price. Great product and might be worth a look if you're still in the market for one.

Big thanks to BigTartanJudge for posting the wheel so quickly and for coullstar for helping the deal along... :notworthy:

Sent out 4.30 last night arrived 8am this morning.... treated it to a good leather clean and then leather cream to nourish.

DSCF7915.jpg

Looking good as ever. I think you need to speak with these people though :http://www.ocdaction.org.uk :D

Nice one Andy. And I'm sure Kip is very pleased not to have to part with his spare :grin:

osv has competition :D

I am a retained consultant on Andy's car, nice isn't it :wave:

I am the karate kid and he is Mr Miyagi... 8)

wax on wax off.... not got passed that stage yet..lol

I am the karate kid and he is Mr Miyagi... 8)

wax on wax off.... not got passed that stage yet..lol

well the new one is jacket on jacket off. Attitude! (thats not your attitude btw.... :wink: )

gareth, might need some consultancy advice from you too!

Runner up at ccgb to osv...very happy... :clap:

Who can compete with the Don :notworthy:

Runner up at ccgb to osv...very happy... :clap:

Who can compete with the Don :notworthy:

I`m getting closer//!!!!1