First thing I did when I bought my old green one was get full cover. Anyone that runs a VRT without full cover is asking for trouble. I always have oil, coolant, spare leads and my tools in the car.

Car fixed and running well, managed to get a decent run and its definitely pulling a lot smoother than before the CAT material was removed. It had started to feel like it had a very slight mifire so that might have been why. Back on the same RR on the 22nd so I will find out.

The wheels are needing redone as theres quite a lot of paint chips. One thing to watch for from you other guys with the Compo's. Im thinking of matt black / satin after finding this photo below either that or do them all matt or sand back the face to silver. At least it should hide the dirt better!!

Oh and those with the MO's looking for flat caps I found these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Thought they might work.

That Rallye looks fantastic. Good find on the flat caps too.

How did you get the cat innards out? Whack it out with a big metal bar?

Cool. Was thinking of making up a decat section but may just bash out the core like you did instead. My MOT man doesn't seem interested in cats, so probs not worth bothering with it. I do prefer the 'catty' smell compared to over rich fumes though.

Just tried to find a Rallye but they don't seem to exist anymore? Was never really bothered by them before but that red one has sewn a seed in my mind....

Always had a soft spot for the Rallye.

Kev - I know a guy a few streets up from me with an absolutely immaculate Rallye, in red, with something ridiculous like 28,000 kilometers on the clock. Want me to make any enquiries? ;)

Christ, I can imagine what sort of price he'll want for that :lol: But doesn't hurt to ask, if you wouldn't mind Jim :D

I think I have a combined 'desire for 4WD + Corrado boredom' thing going on. Post Corrado era 4x4s don't really interest me in the slightest, I'm an old skool fool, so a Rallye with all my VR running gear transferred over would be the perfect step up and a new project to get stuck into :D

The Rado is done really. I can't do much else with it tbh. Need something new to play with!

I think I have a combined 'desire for 4WD + Corrado boredom' thing going on........

The Rado is done really. I can't do much else with it tbh. Need something new to play with!

:shock: Are the planets in some kind of weird alignment or something?....... What have you done with the real Mr Haywire? :lol:

Never been the biggest fan of the Rallye but that looks like a good example and the red paint black wheel combo does look awesome. Think you should go for it Graeme.

Rallye's are nice but they rust in the same places if not more than the Mk2 epsecially the sill's which are no longer available.

TBH the only Rallye Id ever want to own is Mr Manson's which is currently in for paint and as far as I know he is planning on getting it ready for Inters this year. Now that is a beast!!!! The VR6x6x4 http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189414

I think I have a combined 'desire for 4WD + Corrado boredom' thing going on........

:shock: Are the planets in some kind of weird alignment or something?....... What have you done with the real Mr Haywire? :lol:

Never been the biggest fan of the Rallye but that looks like a good example and the red paint black wheel combo does look awesome. Think you should go for it Graeme.

LOL, he's still here! Joe's post was a reality check. Maybe a Rallye isn't such a viable option then. As Graeme says, I don't want to be mucking about fixing rust and things and the only way to avoid that is to get a minter.

I think Mr Manson's rallye rusted cause he never used it :lol:

Calm yourself Kev. There will hopefully be another VR6 Corrado on your driveway on Saturday for you to work your magic on :lol:

Kev - had an email back from the chap with the mint Rallye. Essentially he said that he's no intention of selling it at the minute - but like so much in life, everything has a price and if you were to offer him something that peaked his interest, he'd consider parting with it :)

I'm guessing that's probably not your kind of game though!

Thanks Jim, appreciate your efforts :D

Indeed, it's not my game. Seen it before. What ever you offer is never enough and people's natural greed kicks in. No offense to your mate of course. I wouldn't part with a minter for a low sum either :D

If you dont like getting body parts for the Corrado then I can only imagine it being worse for the Rallye.

Ive picked some thing up from the Post Office to muck about with this weekend. Some indictaors and wiring to get set for MOT (its only a couple of months away :lol: ). Some E30 brake ducts to give the fog intakes a go. Some new front pads to replace the EBChite red stuff, the warning on box says "material must not be used on public highways". Eh ok. Finally some Collinite wax and some good old G12+. I think I'll get the pads fitted and go put some miles on it tomorrow seeing as the rain will have washed away a lot of the salt. Some new tyres next week as well.

I might also be buying some other wheels for it :cuckoo: .

Sounds good be sure to post some pictures of the e30 intake ducts sounds like a good idea . Like to see how the turn out, have fun

Bit of a dilema now. Buckled my wheel on Friday night and had it looked at today. They got the flat spot out but when I put the wheel on the car tonight and spun it is buckled on both axis so the wheels goosed. I cant get another 8in but I can get 2 x 7.5in wheels. Wheel prices have gone up as well, £240 for one 8in wheel!!! Thing is the wheels make the car, I would be gutted to put anything else on it but should I wait and get a 8in or go with two 7.5in? That or just run some TT wheels that are easy to get hold of for now and wait for another 8in.

I would wait for 8 ones. As you said, wheels make a car, not much wheels fit corrado, yours looks very well so if I were you I would wait.

agreed, or if you didnt see my post in the other thread, if funds allow and you can buy 5 eights and sell 4 on in order to get yours quicker then i'd be tempted to do that.

Thing is the 7.5in seem to come up more often and would mean the tyres are less stretched. They should weight slightly less and I can get them with an offset so that they will sit the same as the 8in wheels so visually there will be no difference. They are going to charge me £385 for the two including VAT and delivery. Just shows you how much material costs and VAT has affected the price as I paid £740 for all 4 8in wheels last year, thats almost a 30% increase.

Oh and I need to do somethign quick as I have a trackday a week on Sat.

Thing is the 7.5in seem to come up more often and would mean the tyres are less stretched. They should weight slightly less and I can get them with an offset so that they will sit the same as the 8in wheels so visually there will be no difference. They are going to charge me £385 for the two including VAT and delivery. Just shows you how much material costs and VAT has affected the price as I paid £740 for all 4 8in wheels last year, thats almost a 30% increase.

Oh and I need to do somethign quick as I have a trackday a week on Sat.

I'd say go with the 7.5s, as you say, they would sit the same as the 8s and you can get them quickly. Great looking wheels and I'm still loving them lots! :luvlove:

2 x new 7.5 up front with the right offset and you have a spare 8" rim?

Thats kind of the way Im thinking. Theres a full set on ebay but they have the Lancia PCD and centrebore though. I have found some 8x17in ProRace1.2's though but then again I know Kev has issues trying to get spares wheels from TeamDyn. Fucking pothole bastard cunt of a thing!!! Bloody council are washing there hands of it as well.