It's by far the cheapest way into 20V 5 cyl turbo ownership and that's a nice place to be. Why not I say. It's the same kind of 90s era VAG coupe ownership thing, so not a million miles away from Corrado life really. I would even go as far to say that a tastefully modded one in that dark green metallic shade looks bloody nice. The Corrado's not quite so handsome younger brother, perhaps? :D

And of course you get Audi's proper torsen 4WD instead of the pretend system for estage agents and school run mums.

I drove a 16V Coupe many years ago and the steering felt dire. What does the proper 4WD one feel like?

I think if it were me I'd get the S2 estate. I have real soft spot for 90s gay little pretend estate cars :D

Funny you should say that about the colour as this is the shade similar to oak green with some 17in anthracite BBS RX's. Steering was quite direct, it didnt feel that far off the Corrado. Its an Mreg so one of the later ones with 6speed box, Xenons, leather etc in it so quite well specced although the driving position is not at good as the Corrado though. Porsche brembo front calipers, front end respray etc etc.

Stop it, you're getting me tempted now :lol:

They are comical cars when highly modded though. Have you seen how high the front end lifts on full bore launches on the drag strip! It's worse than that 959 on Top Gear :lol: Thing is though, they'll do that all day long with 500+hp. A VRT certainly wouldn't.

Yeah I have seen that, need some serious power for that to happen. I think this is running 340bhp at the moment. He does have a 3in downpipe as well to free up a few more. Its the off beat 5cyl warble that does it for me.

3" isn't really needed for 2.2 litres of 5 pot goodness, not at that power level anyhow, imo. Mine makes well over than with a 2.5" system and a cat easily. What turbo's it running? Oh, it's the bigger KKK off the RS2 isn't it? Yeah, 3" will come into play if you start bolting GT35s and the like to it.

I know what you mean with the warble. It's the only reason I like Focus STs.... because of it's engine.

Yup, its the noise that does it for me too. I'd have a late S2 if I had the space to keep the 'Rado as well. A friend a few years ago had the 2.8 V6 coupe which was a heavy barge and understeered badly. I'm sure they're much better with the 4WD and the 50:50 torque split. If this is what you end up with, you could have done a whole lot worse and I look forward to hearing about the ownership experience.

Yep, my mate had V6 cabriolet and I share your sentiments about it being a soggy old barge. Even worse with a rag top!! Very smooth engine though. It felt a fair bit smoother and torquier than the VR6, but didn't have the same 4000rpm+ urge.

Some of the parts prices for that shape Audi are pretty horrific now I think of it. £800+VAT my mate had to pay for a new steel Power steering pipe. He also had to fork out another 4 figure sum for a new electric hood loom and motor system. And like Corrados, it was one thing after another to constantly fork out for, so Corrados aren't unique there! :lol:

Thats one of my worries about the car i.e. that its probably as bad if not worse to get certian bits for. Wont be doing anything in a hurry in any case as I forgot that mine is due its MOT next week so that might be fun to get through. Probably just put it in first and see how it goes.

Only thing I can see is lack of side repeaters and possible exhaust noise as an issue. Maybe emissions as well but Ive heard it should be at a higher limit as VW never produced a VR6 turbo.

The S2 will certainly have some unique to that car and expensive parts! Still, it's all part of being a car enthusiast. The salary goes into a silo every month. The House and bills takes a chunk, the missus takes a chunk and the car says "I'll take the rest thank you" and I get a few scraps left for the month :lol:

You need to befriend an MOT tester and explain that little loop hole to him, otherwise the probe will go up the exhaust and he'll just put it through as a normal VR6 and it'll fail. As you're running the standard management, I wouldn't expect it to fail on emissions to be honest.

Because I think coullstar starts to feel unwell unless he's selling wheels or cars at least once a week! Why you'd ever sell that VR-T is a complete mystery to me, though can fully appreciate the allure of a big, fast Audi.. lusted after such motors for a while myself!

I know shame as if was bordeaux would have bought it before I had turbo'd mine as truelly a complete car so hopefully will go easily for you

Its just me guys, I get itchy feet all the time. I went out in it on Tuesday night after driving the Audi. The Corrado is way faster. In all honesty I dont really want to sell and unless someone offers me the exact money its going nowhere.

I want a bit of a restoration type project to work on now maybe with something like a high comp NA engine. Just something a little different. If I could find somewhere to store this Id probably do that, if the other car I pick up is ok I might think about it but then it would be a crime to have this locked away. What I need is a double garage, not the easiest thing to find round my area.

coullstar,

I really like them, are they just plug and play for a standard VR6 ? which offset would I need to go for.

You need to order them direct from Compomotive and you may have to wait for a batch of blanks to be made. They then machine the casts to the correct PCD, offset and centrebore so they fit direct to the car. There are often ones on ebay with the Lancia 5x98 PCD but you need to use wobble bolts to fit.

Be warned though they are now quite expensive. I think for 4 you are looking at the best part of £1k for the wheels alone. The reason I went with the 7.5in fronts is that they didnt have any 8in blanks left and didnt know when they would make them again. They are my favourite wheels and for me to have owned them for about a year and a half shows this as before I would change about every month.

coullstar,

Thanks again.

I was going to just keep an eye on e-bay but if it's an order only job and at 1K it's probably goping to be the end of that for a while but they do look the business.

I guess this is just another plus for anyone looking to buy your C, good luck with the sale.

Oh and it looks like I might have bought another Corrado.

Didnt happen. Car wasnt quite as I thought. Considering getting the car wrapped in silver but costs seem high for it.