Sign in to follow this  
nicklouse10

where can I get a throttle cable from?

Hi,

My girlfriend is a forum member on here and I look after her M reg, 2.0l 16V Corrado

never normally have trouble getting parts but I can't seem to source a throttle cable for it

have tried GSF, ebay, Volkswaparts.com and a few other web based places but no joy so far.

any recommendations?

the car has a sticky throttle at the moment

thanks

Nick

You tried stealers? they do occasionally shock you on price, sometimes thing's arn't as expensive as you would think. Other than that try AVS, they might have some.

Or alternatively google it http://www.volkswaparts.co.uk/191721555 ... eCable.htm, that of any use?

or this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-GOLF- ... 0223834433

cheers for that,

TBH I hadn't considered the dealers. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind to call one, years of habit of avoid them I guess. gave my local one a bell and he's getting me a cable for under £30 which suits me fine

I'd looked at both those links. the ebay one doesn't list a price for international postage, and also says it will fit a Corrado up to 95, but I think they changed half way through 95. It also says it will fit a Jetta and a golf, but I've been told by GSF and AVS (who said they didn't have any and would have to order from VW anyway), that the cable is unique to the Corrado. The one on http://www.volkswaparts.co.uk is for an earlier car and I couldn't find a phone number on their site to speak with someone

anyways, it's sorted now, cheers!

for reference: the part number is: 536721555 for the early type cable, and 536721555B for the later one (changed halfway through 95' and a supplier will be able to tell through your chassis number which one you need

I got mine from VW IIRC it was £29 but I payed £26 as im a CCGB member

Must say that I'v been buying quite a bit of parts from VW dealers for my Corrado - and I'v been pleasantly surprised - due to being member of a norwegian VW-audi club I get quite a bit of discounts - from 10 to a bit over 20% on the parts.

When I look at other shops selling non OEM stuff they are actually much the same price - and many times over what VW will sell it for :)

I also have to take into consideration that there is no shipping cost or "tax" from the post office to pay the "tax" on the parts, when I order from overseas...:)

And generally - atleast in my experience OEM parts tend to have a longer life line - atleast for parts that "wear out".

Positive thing about buying from VW also is that if they see demand for parts they will continue making em :)