Sign in to follow this  
ollieVR

Sky Insurance

Hello

I thought this would be worth mentioning on the forum. I've recently had my renewal from HIC which was a reasonable price of £450. However I needed to declare the theft of my motorbike which shouldn't make too much difference as it was a different vehicle and on a different policy. I've also insured another bike a month after for £400 fully comp.

HIC decided that this affected my premium a lot and put my renewal up by £600!!! :shock: That included 5 years NCB (all with HIC) as well. No way I was paying that! Clearly they don't want to hold onto repeat business!

So I did a bit of shopping around and have spoken to Sky Insurance who have matched the original renewal quote of £450 fully comp with protected no claims. Alex who I spoke to was very knowledgable about the car and helpful in sorting out the quote. He went away to look into prices and called me back rather than leaving me hanging on the phone. So very pleased with them.

Another option for people trying to insure their cars!

A friend of mine uses them and highly recommended them.

I gave them a shout and the guy i spoke too was very good, had a great chat about a VR engine he was fitting into a Mk1.

Their price and quoting service was good but i was able to get a better deal from another company that Sky couldn't match.

A friend of mine uses them and highly recommended them.

I gave them a shout and the guy i spoke too was very good, had a great chat about a VR engine he was fitting into a Mk1.

Their price and quoting service was good but i was able to get a better deal from another company that Sky couldn't match.

So who were the other company as mine is due soon and want to know where people get bargins from :)

Sorry, it was through performance direct.

It's a second car on a classic 3000 mile policy though.

it seems to me that cheap insurance is based on luck.

Sky were cheapest for me ringing round last year but stayed with Flux cos they got

Equity Red Star to better it by £10, waive their fee, blah blah - cheers easy!! 8) :lol:

Recently moved to Sky Insurance from HIC. Spoke to Luke who was a joy to speak to after doing the rounds speaking to others who have no idea what a Corrado is let alone a Storm model is. Luke went through all the details efficiently and it was a very easy decision to swap over to Sky.

Heard good things about them and I would also recommend them.

I have been with a mixture or Adrian Flux and HIC in the past and they have been good but in my experience HIC's service has gone backwards over the years, having to wait on the phone for long periods each time I call and in the last 2 years their payment system has been poor. Cards fail to go through and last year they took payment of over £500 twice!

As i have a Schrick and upgraded supension it can make shopping around really hard work but Luke at Sky Insurance made it so easy as it seems all the guys there love their cars! give them a go an they should price match for you :clap: