Sign in to follow this  
pilky1234

ignition problem

hello people im knew to corrados and purchased my first one today :) buuuuuuut i need some advice after driving my new rado home i stopped at the services for some food for about half an hour came to start my car and nothing? left it a few minutes tryed agen and still nothing and after trying multiple times it started, so we got it home no problem switched engine off left it a minute tryed to start it agen multiple times and nothing agen( bear in mind all electrics are working) the engine doesnt even try to idle jus nothing as if the battery was gone but it isnt. after leaving for half hour i tryed agen and it was fine but would only start a couple times and the same problem. i understand this is long winded and confusing but i have jus got this car and this is very frustrating any help appreciated :scratch:

I'v had the same thing with my VR6 - I didn't do much investigation into it - as I'v now rebuilt pretty much all of it - still a bit left, so not sure if the problem is still there.

I would have a look at all earth/ground connections, and make sure you have good connection from negative battery thruout the engine room. Also might want to change out the plugs.

You may have got more answers if you asked in the correct forum :wink: Welcome anyways :wave:

Thread moved.

And I'm with dirtytorque - sounds very likely to be the classic ignition switch.

sorry thanks for moving, well its started fine this mornin il see how it goes anyway

i'd still change it b4 it leaves you high and dry somewhere. :)

ok, my dads covered with AA so weve just had them out ,he gave the starter motor a tap and it started straight away so know ino that i need a new starter motor also he spotted an oil leak from my oil filter housing does anyone know where the best place to buy these parts from would be and do you think the labour will be a bomb replacing these parts?? thanks.