Sign in to follow this  
rossb

any ideas

my key fob for my car and van do not work on my drive, my next door neighbours key fob will not work and his neighbours fob wont either. but they all work when away from the houses. Whats going on ? any ideas :confused4:

Yep - there's an interfering signal on 433.9MHz - could be a jammed wireless doorbell, or if it's been happening more than a week or so morelikely something mains powered (possibly video sender type thing where you can watch a sky box, etc in another room). It will be in a house within 3 or 4 of yours.

Check it's not your own property by taking batteries out of any wireless remote controls, and knock your mains off. If they still don't work, report it to Ofcom on 0207 981 3040 or see http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contactus/

Yep - there's an interfering signal on 433.9MHz - could be a jammed wireless doorbell, or if it's been happening more than a week or so morelikely something mains powered (possibly video sender type thing where you can watch a sky box, etc in another room). It will be in a house within 3 or 4 of yours.

Check it's not your own property by taking batteries out of any wireless remote controls, and knock your mains off. If they still don't work, report it to Ofcom on 0207 981 3040 or see http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contactus/

top man :salute: is there anything people on here cannot answer :lol:

Yep - there's an interfering signal on 433.9MHz - could be a jammed wireless doorbell

yes that was the problem. our door bell kept jamming about a year ago so we just took the battery out of the chime and thought no more. I've taken the battery out of the push button and all is working fine.

Thanks for the help. :salute:

My Toad alarm on my 16v would ring my parents door bell when I pulled up on their drive and armed the car. They thought kids were up to no good :lol: