Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Best way to get wider stance

I went to fit my spacers today but the wheel bolts i ordered were the wrong size :(

I ordered 35mm ones and they sent me 45mm :censored:

I'd go 20mm max buddy. Due to the way standard Corrado rear arches have those huge lips i reckon you'll have trouble getting any more in! Ooooo errr. :camp: :lol:

I went to fit my spacers today but the wheel bolts i ordered were the wrong size :(

The companie that sent me the bolts have amended the problem.

They are sending me out the 35mm ones and said I can have the others as a gift. :clap:

The companie that sent me the bolts have amended the problem.

They are sending me out the 35mm ones and said I can have the others as a gift. :clap:

How much did 8 bolts cost you?....fancy giving me the 45mm ones as a gift :lol: :tongue:

Also what does anyone else think about the above pictures? Is 20mm definitely the widest i can get, ive got plenty of space above the wheels so i dont think they'll rub, its a shame there's no one local to me with spacers i can test

Depends how low you're going to be and what the suspension is like? Dont wanna risk it slamming down onto your wheel and bending the arch, which looks feasible at the 26mm spacer mock up. I run mine with near enough zero arch gap so it just depends what you run it at.

This is the gap that i've got at the rear at the moment, running 7in ET35, the car has been lowered about 40mm i think at the rear and the front (apparently, or so someone told me, it was lowered when i got it)

Rear:

Corrado92.pdf100417_180553.jpg[/attachment:adwy7jue]

Better pictures below:

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf100223_170920.jpg[/attachment:adwy7jue]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf100223_171014.jpg[/attachment:adwy7jue]

Front:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf100223_171034.jpg[/attachment:adwy7jue]

100223_171005.jpg[/attachment:adwy7jue]

Ive found its harder to get the fronts to fill the arches, Im happy with my rears, I got 8j wheels with 21mm spacers sits flush. but the front tuck :confused4: only 15mm spacers

25042010112.JPG

25042010111.JPG

Ive found its harder to get the fronts to fill the arches, Im happy with my rears, I got 8j wheels with 21mm spacers sits flush. but the front tuck :confused4: only 15mm spacers

25042010112.JPG

25042010111.JPG

What does that make your ET? also how much have you got it lowered at the rear? The fronts would be harder because of the fact they have to move more in the arch for steering :tongue:

the ET i think for the wheels are 35 so with 21mm spacer ET 14 I believe

the ET i think for the wheels are 35 so with 21mm spacer ET 14 I believe

yeah cool but your rears are 8in mine are only 7 so surely to get the same position i'd need to get an ET of around 11 am i correct? do they make 24mm spacers?

When I ran 928 wheels (7j dont know ET) I had 25mm adapters and they tucked a fair bit. I'd recommend FK spacers/adapters

When I ran 928 wheels (7j dont know ET) I had 25mm adapters and they tucked a fair bit. I'd recommend FK spacers/adapters

Yeah pretty sure im going to get the FK spacers but i they only do 20, 22 and 26mm...i dont want to get 26 and them be too big but i dont want to get 22 and them be too small :lol:

Swompy, can you send items back on that website?

Matey, even if you buy them and they stick out a bit too much you can get them professionally milled down by an engineering firm for not very much. :)

So maybe just worth biting the bullet and going for it!

Matey, even if you buy them and they stick out a bit too much you can get them professionally milled down by an engineering firm for not very much. :)

Haha im probably really winding you lot up now, i think ive probably done enough talking now!

Turned down u mean?

hi guys off the subject slightly, i want to get some wheels (not sure on make) that are 8j x17' et35 to give the wider stance, my vr6 is all standard, will they fit the front and rear with no problems? (this is my 1st rado and im not very techncal) any comments welcome, thanks in advance phil