Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

snap off boss

this is gonna sound really stupid but!

i have a momo steering wheel fitted to the G so the momo boss is requried to fit this?

when i placed my order from demon tweeks for the snap off kit, over two months ago, they sold me a boss and the snap off adapater, which come as two seperate items.

when speaking to the same guy i ordered it off today, and telling him this info above again. he said that i only need the snap off adapter which will sandwich between the the boss and wheel.

so what im gettin at is:

i have the momo wheel on so i have the boss on, right? so i just need the adapter?

i think im right but i have never fitted a aftermarket wheel before i was on the car when i got

Yeh, a Momo wheel needs a boss for it to fit to the car mate! So as u say, if u have one on already, u have the boss!! (The boss is like a black ribbed cylindrical rubber gaiter between the back of the steering wheel and the cowling)

So if the bloke says it fits inbetween them (which makes sense), then Robert's your Father's Brother!

BTW, how much do they cost? Any pix?

i was pretty sure i was right, i just need some backing up.

but spoke to them today and i ordered it any way.

i paid £103 posted for the boss and none specific snap off adapter - which is the bit there waiting for a due date but didnt tell me when i ordered it.

for the snap off momo specific adapter i think its about £97 but he didnt give me the price just said it was a few pound cheaper.

when i get it, its due with them on the 11th, i will pop some pics on and see how get on fitting it, cant see it being to hard.

Si.

right then, finally got my part from demon tweeks. but the part they sent is not a snap off adaptor, which i orginally ordered. its from a different company and is a quick realease kit. wasnt very happy about this as it wasnt what i ordered was not what i got. showed this to my brother, who has a snap off kit and he siad the one i have is much better quality than his and if i didnt wont it he would have it. so that cheered me up.

tryed fitting on weds nigtht and didnt have much luck. didnt seem to be enough room to get all the connecters in on the terminals and then bolt it all together. so rang then and they basically told me to bend the terminals so it fits. i was like, great it just over £100 part and your tellin me to bend it and make it fit. thanks!

so i had another do at it this morning and "made it fit"

this is the part which boltsto the boss

ETKA Corrado.pdfadapter part 1.JPG[/attachment:3pi4tas2]

this is the part which bolts to the wheel. where the brass terminals are this is a recess where you ment to put connecters and wires, but theres not enough room to get it all in and then but the wheel up to it.

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfadapter part 2.JPG[/attachment:3pi4tas2]

take the wheel off and then your left with this. the boss and the horn. the green wire and a new connacter are the bits your meant to get in the recess of the adapeter in pic 2

Corrado92.pdfboss and horn.JPG[/attachment:3pi4tas2]

remove the black wire from the horn conect to a brass terminal on the back of the apadtor in pic one and bolt this to the boss

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfsteering wheel 001.jpg[/attachment:3pi4tas2]

bolt to adaptor to the back of the wheel, which was a right load of F##KIN about

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfsteering wheel 004.jpg[/attachment:3pi4tas2]

connect the wheel to the colum. yes i know the momo badge is not central but once ive had it tracked up its comin off and i'll do it right. i was getting pizzed off with it and it WAS going on

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfsteering wheel 002.jpg[/attachment:3pi4tas2]

and if you were to look into the car this is how it would look once removed

steering wheel 003.jpg[/attachment:3pi4tas2]

hope this helps anyone who's interested!

cheers Si

i would say its about 3 maybe 4 inches, its fair bit but once ive drove it a couple of days i think i'll get used to it.

i basically got this so i feel safer about leaving outside my house so i can use my bike to go to work on in this better weather were having

Yeah just over £100 for it. I'm more than happy with the security factory off it. But yes it does bring it that bit closer. Not tryed it out driving yet though but think I'll get used to it

drove the G today and didnt find the wheel being that bit closer any problems. the bit im finding a bit wired and think im gonna stuggle getting used to is the distance between the wheel and the ind/wiper stalks. before i could reach the stalks whislt having my hands on the wheel. now i cant and ive got to remove my hand from the wheel to reach them. this may sound a bit lazy or daft but its an odd feeling when i keep reaching for them and there not there.

drove the G today and didnt find the wheel being that bit closer any problems. the bit im finding a bit wired and think im gonna stuggle getting used to is the distance between the wheel and the ind/wiper stalks. before i could reach the stalks whislt having my hands on the wheel. now i cant and ive got to remove my hand from the wheel to reach them. this may sound a bit lazy or daft but its an odd feeling when i keep reaching for them and there not there.

Nah I understand where ur coming from mate! Hopefully u'll get used to it, it only took me a week to get used to using a 320mm wheel, but originally I was like "whhaaaaaat"!! Whereabouts are u from mate?

yeah i hope i get used to it.

but im a bit p##ed off when i saw this:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=93100&p=1074577&hilit=snap+off#p1074577

as it looks about a third the width of mine and it made me well mad that i haddnt been sent the right part by the shop i ordered it from in the first place. i was getting mad and it took me ages to get to sleep as it was going over and over in my head about not being sent the right bit.

but it'll be rite!