Sign in to follow this  
KARMANN

Coilovers

Is this group buy going ahead?

I was going to buy some coilovers as I need new front shocks and springs anyhow.(intended getting them this Monday - to get fitted at MOT) After looking about seems like the Supersport ones seem a good buy. So temtped by Koni's tho :/

Has anyone fitted a set of JR coilovers? Awesome GTi suggest these as budgets one and the Konis if spending more. I have enver heard of them but they seem to think they are excellent for the cash.

anyone outthere doing a possible group buy,as will be very much up for it now, as need new shocks is now a must.

if group buy doesent happen ,can anyone recommend good standard type shocks.

cheers

brian :)

I haven't seen any group buys going ahead but I am looking to lower mine as well. Don't want anything harsh and have seen Gwent VW are doing a good price on the fixed damping FK's - £360 I think

Ah well, got mine fitted today. Ended up going for supersports from Venom.

Should be picking up car tomorrow or on saturday - hopefully the snow will be on its way by then :x :)

so munkay how are the supersports are they on yet ,are they any good ,what i meen is are you happy with them.

nice one looking to buy this kit myself,any discriptions on ride would be great.

cheers

brian 8)

I've had the supersports for about 9 months now (admittedly 6 of 'em the car's been off the road! :oops: ) but I've been so impressed with the ride quality and handling of the kit I'm lost for words... 8)

Ride is slightly firmer than standard at -30mm and quite a bit firmer at -80ish mm lowered, although I've never found it harsh, choppy or bouncy. 8)

I'd say that the only negative in ride quality I noticed over stock was on cobbles where the car really did rattle... but then you'd expect that with a lowered 10 year old car on cobbles! :wink: :lol: (I also have no idea how the original stuff handled over cobbles! ;) )

I don't tend to endorse things, but I'd happily put my backing behind this kit as I am so happy with the difference it made to my car... 8)

I've had the supersports for about 9 months now (admittedly 6 of 'em the car's been off the road! :oops: ) but I've been so impressed with the ride quality and handling of the kit I'm lost for words... 8)

Ride is slightly firmer than standard at -30mm and quite a bit firmer at -80ish mm lowered, although I've never found it harsh, choppy or bouncy. 8)

I'd say that the only negative in ride quality I noticed over stock was on cobbles where the car really did rattle... but then you'd expect that with a lowered 10 year old car on cobbles! :wink: :lol: (I also have no idea how the original stuff handled over cobbles! ;) )

I don't tend to endorse things, but I'd happily put my backing behind this kit as I am so happy with the difference it made to my car... 8)

Been thinking about this and at Euro 339 or £240 + post from Germany, you cant go wrong it seems.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... gory=14764

hi vr6-er that looks like a nice kit ,dont speak german ,but will they fit a 91 g60 or can they supply for the g60 raddo.

if so i would be very interested .do you know how they ride.maybe we could do a double buy if possible. :)

cheers

brian

Just had a look at the ones on offer on German ebay: They are for ALL Rados BAR the VR6 !!!! I personally don't know enough about the Supersport range (going on German recommendations not to buy those, but stick to well-known brands, eg. KW), so can't comment any further other than what I've just read on the ebay auction.

Tempest

Henny

Cheers for advice about the supersport coilovers from Venom (16VG60 fitted them on sunday). Made such a difference to the ride of the car (Lowered 40mm). Everybody needing new suspension get these well impressed!!!!!!! Remember to add in the cost of suspension setup a place in bournemouth set my C up using mirrors and lasers and the steering and ride is wonderful for £58. Also as a note if you are changing from standard suspension to adjustable you will need to buy new suspension bolts which do not have a thread all of the way down the bolt. This allows more adjustment when the setup is done.

Here is link to website..

http://www.venommotorsport.com/venom/index.html